Caleb Grill has been dismissed from team

RagnarLothbrok

Feb 28, 2015
I am surprised they are removing him from the team. The guy has a back injury and I wouldn't be surprised to find out he needs some sort of fusion done. Anyone with chronic back pain would tell you how bothersome it is to your life.

Anyone think the pain meds (opioids?) he might be taking could be causing the erratic behavior he has shown? For all the love the MSM gave that team out east for having Patrick sit out for mental health, I would think Iowa State would be more understanding, if it is related.

Ultimately, I don't like this. He is a TJ loyalist and followed him everywhere; can't imagine this was an easy decision. He must have made a very poor decision, must have been worse than bringing a loaded gun to a former teammate who killed someone with it.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Unless it’s real bad I hate this. It’s March 1 and the kid has played injured for a month. Get through the year and then have a discussion about what the future looks like.
I kind of agree. Without knowing any details, the kid has been hurt and frustrated for a month and a half now. If it wasn't anything too egregious suspend him the rest of the season and see where it goes. But who knows, maybe that's what happened and he said F this I'm outta here. Tough for the fans to try and piece things together with so little info.

1Nation

May 16, 2013
CA
I am surprised they are removing him from the team. The guy has a back injury and I wouldn't be surprised to find out he needs some sort of fusion done. Anyone with chronic back pain would tell you how bothersome it is to your life.

Anyone think the pain meds (opioids?) he might be taking could be causing the erratic behavior he has shown? For all the love the MSM gave that team out east for having Patrick sit out for mental health, I would think Iowa State would be more understanding, if it is related.

Ultimately, I don't like this. He is a TJ loyalist and followed him everywhere; can't imagine this was an easy decision. He must have made a very poor decision, must have been worse than bringing a loaded gun to a former teammate who killed someone with it.
You literally have no idea what unfolded and your statement is 100% opinion. Blaming his removal on back pain and then subsequently erratic behavior because of opioids? wut?

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
What the heck? Seems like a bit of an overreaction doesn’t it? Obviously don’t know the full story but wow

Edit: this team has first round exit written all over it
Like a Bryce DeJean Jones situation? I could see that.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010

Stansbury on the radio has hinted at "this has been brewing"

For the reasons stated, my guess is this wasn't something that came out of no where....and likely Caleb had a chance to at least ride out the year and leave after the season.

Doing this now vs 3 weeks from now could be strategic in a variety of ways....but no doubt, this has to be super difficult for TJ as a man, but as a coach he had to do it (it sounds like)

Here is where it has to be TOUGH for CW/Stansbury as they react and respond in their variety of media roles. They COULD easily get sources to get info...but can't for the reasons they've discussed in the past. I'm sure the media availability will be boiler plate "expectations, uphold them, it's special to be a cyclone" and such.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron