Caleb Grill has been dismissed from team

Cy4All

Aug 20, 2022
This is the second game I remember where Grill's temper caused a 5 point swing. He is a senior and needs to be more disciplined than that. He needs to stop fighting. It cost us the game tonight. We had momentum at that time, about to take 2 free throws, and get the ball back. Instead Bone Head Grill gets his own technical which ends up giving WV the ball. Momentum completely switched at that point and we couldn't buy a bucket. Bench Grill until he ages out of college. He is just a liability at this point. He doesn't score, misses free throws, gets technicals at key moments, and can't keep his temper in check.

tomar1

Aug 16, 2008
This is the second game I remember where Grill's temper caused a 5 point swing. He is a senior and needs to be more disciplined than that. He needs to stop fighting. It cost us the game tonight. We had momentum at that time, about to take 2 free throws, and get the ball back. Instead Bone Head Grill gets his own technical which ends up giving WV the ball. Momentum completely switched at that point and we couldn't buy a bucket. Bench Grill until he ages out of college. He is just a liability at this point. He doesn't score, misses free throws, gets technicals at key moments, and can't keep his temper in check.
That was for show oh he’s so tough! Another great scoring night! Play Tre King in his place! Leave One Dribble Grill on the bench!

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Grill is usually even headed. I wonder if something outside of basketball is going on and causing this.
Grill has had spark his entire career. I have absolutely no problem with him sticking up for Kunc and pushing Mitchell away. Kunc also getting a technical there, and missed both free throws.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Grill has had spark his entire career. I have absolutely no problem with him sticking up for Kunc and pushing Mitchell away. Kunc also getting a technical there, and missed both free throws.
He could have went up and got in his face to stick up for Jaz and no T would have been called. We got an F2 which is shots, ball and ejection. We lost the ball with the dead ball call. He needs to use his head more, he has played too much to do this stuff.

Bob f

Nov 9, 2019
Iowa
Ok. You guys have played in this exact situation, its apparent. Grill is a mad man just waiting to erupt. He'd been storing it all game...until jazz got elbowed.

• Dislike
Reactions: atlantacyclone

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Yea, that was not smart. Although we still got back up 7 after that. Would have been up 5 and the ball with Jaz missing those Free throws. Problem is that small ball lineup is our best one.

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Ok. You guys have played in this exact situation, its apparent. Grill is a mad man just waiting to erupt. He'd been storing it all game...until jazz got elbowed.
One extreme to another bob. We had other players knocked to the floor and no one lost their head and shoved a player right in front of a ref. While we not have been in this exact situation, the team has been many times and this is the second time that a player went off, both times we’re grill.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
You ever seen your brother elbowed to the mouth?
I don’t have a brother but if you mean teammate, yes I have in high school, seen punches thrown and we always did what I said he should. You chest to chest and push to get them away and see if they are going to throw hands. Refs will break it up but not T it up.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Yea, that was not smart. Although we still got back up 7 after that. Would have been up 5 and the ball with Jaz missing this Free throws. Problem is that small ball lineup is our best one.
And sure you wish the Grill tech didn't happen, but man we're at 64 pts. at the 3:50 mark of the game, and we still had 64 under 50 sec. left til Gabe hit the clutch 3. Three minutes in a tight game without scoring down the stretch prob seals most teams fate. Still is our offense.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
And sure you wish the Grill tech didn't happen, but man we're at 64 pts. at the 3:50 mark of the game, and we still had 64 under 50 sec. left til Gabe hit the clutch 3. Three minutes in a tight game without scoring down the stretch prob seals most teams fate. Still is our offense.

Need that one Niang or Niang-light guy that can at least cause some action to draw a foul on a shot and get things going back again for ISU.

Would make a gigantic difference.

Reactions: Rick and BCClone

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Wouldn't have minded the technical if he could score some points. But he was a liability today on both sides of the ball. Pretty bad way to go out on your senior day.

Last edited:
Reactions: RonBurgundy