Bryce Dejean-Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaccloNe

Sep 21, 2011
He does what ME would not do - dunk the freaking ball. Guy has hops, can shoot the midrange jumper and the three. Want!

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Is just me or does RV's game resemble BDJ's? So if BDJ does come here essentially we got the player we needed anyway. Ironic?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Can one of our Twitter stalkers send this along to him:
isu_newcomer_of_the_year.jpg

Also do I need to make any updates to it?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Someone should email JP and suggest the next time he talks to Bowlsby to ask if Bob wants Fred to text him the conference newcomer of the weeks next season?

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
After watching his highlight reel, I can say with the upmost authority that this guys would fit ISU and Hoiball like a glove. He gets out on transition like a mother#$@*&r and finishes like Kane against North Carolina. I saw some nice mid-range jumpers and know that Fred will cure him of those and have him take a little hop behind the arc before launching the rock. He's got size, experience and knows this is his last shot to make some $ playing pro ball somewhere.

Sign him if possible.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Someone should email JP and suggest the next time he talks to Bowlsby to ask if Bob wants Fred to text him the conference newcomer of the weeks next season?

Some year they'll give it to a non-ISU player out of boredom, like how Jordan didn't get MVP every year.

CycloneCarter

Jan 10, 2014
Zion
I want BDJ to be a Cyclone as much as the next guy. BUT how on earth can anyone say that next years team with Bryce would be better than the team we just watch destroy other teams for the last 5 months? I think the potential is there for sure but we really had a special team this year. A team with chemistry that we may never see again in our lifetime! Give the '13-'14 team a little more credit than that. (Getting teary eyed as I write this)

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
He plays a lot like Kane. Finishes in transition, smooth, can shoot the three. Would be a HUGE get.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I want BDJ to be a Cyclone as much as the next guy. BUT how on earth can anyone say that next years team with Bryce would be better than the team we just watch destroy other teams for the last 5 months? I think the potential is there for sure but we really had a special team this year. A team with chemistry that we may never see again in our lifetime! Give the '13-'14 team a little more credit than that. (Getting teary eyed as I write this)

This won't be the best team of the next 5 years.

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX

This won't be the best team of the next 5 years.

To CycloneCarter, I feel the exact same way. It will be weird next November not seeing Ejim #3 on the court. But as is with college athletics, 4-5 years is what you get (10 if your Jess Settles). I think everyone with a logical mind here appreciates and realizes what we witnessed this season. It was record-wise the 2nd best team ISU has EVER had. It was a special team, and the ending was tough especially without Niang and the unknown of what could have happened.

But it is reality, I will never forget the 13-14 team as I have many fond memories and it will always be a team I will feel helped bring ISU to national prominence.

That being said, it is exciting to look at the future, because of the possibility. With Fred, going forward I expect ISU to be in the mix pretty much every year.

So as much as I loved the 13-14 team, and will never forget them, I am equally excited about what next year and beyond will bring because I hope that we are blessed with these "special years" more often.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Why, did Ejim ever dunk this year?

Oh, and I take the over on that thread that about whether ISU would get like something like ~35 dunks this year.

Haha, I remember that thread. Ejim had 35 dunks in the TCU game alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.