***Breece Hall Thread***

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Hence the term “non-contact injury”…..
It's also the reason that there isn't really anything the league can do about it. Breece's injury wasn't the result of some illegal hit or dirty play. The playing surface was grass. It was an ordinary play by any metric you want to measure it by. Nothing to blame it on other than bad luck. There's nothing the league can do to prevent injuries like that.

FDCy83

May 15, 2008
I tore my ACL playing basketball just landing from getting a rebound. I was 35. Dr. Greenwald (one of ISUs orthos) did my repair. He said if I was a D1 athlete, recovery would be 4 months, perhaps 5, My PT was 6 months because I was 35 and over-weight. What Dr. Greenwald told me a couple years ago when I saw him about my elbow is that after ACL, arthritis is very bad and players usually get 2-3 years before they have meniscus issues and that is the sign the end of playing is near. I hope he bounces back better, but I don't see a long career ahead of him now.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: aauummm

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Not only would he have won rookie of the year, he was in the process of breaking out to be one of the best backs in the league. Terrible news.
Feels like the perfect encapsulation of Iowa State here tbh. Extreme promise and positive momentum wiped away by random **** and instead being replaced by tons of what ifs

• Sad
Reactions: aauummm

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
I tore my ACL playing basketball just landing from getting a rebound. I was 35. Dr. Greenfield (one of ISUs orthos) did my repair. He said if I was a D1 athlete, recovery would be 4 months, perhaps 5, My PT was 6 months because I was 35 and over-weight. What Dr. Greenfield told me a couple years ago when I saw him about my elbow is that after ACL, arthritis is very bad and players usually get 2-3 years before they have meniscus issues and that is the sign the end of playing is near. I hope he bounces back better, but I don't see a long career ahead of him now.
Dr Greenwald…?

• Agree
Reactions: bsaltyman

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
Not only would he have won rookie of the year, he was in the process of breaking out to be one of the best backs in the league. Terrible news.
When it’s non-contact or minimal contact, I kind of feel the knee was just a ticking time bomb. I’m kind of glad at this point that he left and got paid…

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I don't have any data but for an RB losing that explosiveness can make such a difference.
Frank Gore had a pretty successful career after multiple ACLs.

Keep hope alive, but it could be a couple of seasons before our guy gets up to speed
I seem to remember the whole aura behind an ACL tear and repair seemed to have changed after Adrian Peterson's ACL/MCL injury, Dec. 2011, and surgery. He came back in less than a year which was sort of unheard of until then. He did pretty well!

Here's hoping the medical gods can do their magic, and he can make a full recovery.
I tore my ACL playing basketball just landing from getting a rebound. I was 35. Dr. Greenfield (one of ISUs orthos) did my repair. He said if I was a D1 athlete, recovery would be 4 months, perhaps 5, My PT was 6 months because I was 35 and over-weight. What Dr. Greenfield told me a couple years ago when I saw him about my elbow is that after ACL, arthritis is very bad and players usually get 2-3 years before they have meniscus issues and that is the sign the end of playing is near. I hope he bounces back better, but I don't see a long career ahead of him now.
This is what you would think. Who knows. Your Orthopod probably knows what he is taking about. I hope he is wrong for many injured knees' sake.

When did you have your surgery?

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
It’s a good time to tear an ACL if there ever was. Surgical correction and post op rehab is actually pretty good for full return to function.

This saddens me so much. Such a great kid an amazing Cyclone.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
BH hit 21.87 mph on the 62 yard TD run.

The fastest a ball carrier has been clocked this season.
That was an incredible play. The safety had like a 10 yard head start and Breece blew past him. Going into the draft the consensus seemed to be that he was fast, but lacked the "elite" speed. So much for that. Did scouts not watch his games last year? You don't rip off as many long runs as he did without having elite speed.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
ACL injuries definitely seem to be way more common now than from what I remember 10-20 years ago. How often does an NFL running back make it 4-5 years without an ACL tear? Seems like they all go through it.

I don't know how those guys in the 80's and 90'd played for 10-15 years with ACL issues. Back then it was basically a career ender.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron