***Breece Hall Thread***

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
BH hit 21.87 mph on the 62 yard TD run.

The fastest a ball carrier has been clocked this season.
Yep, great run one minute and not long after done for the season with a serious injury. Football can be brutal.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Sounds like Mike Williams and Metcalf are done also, they need to figure out why all these career threatening injuries keep happening. It wasn't like this 20 years ago.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Sounds like Mike Williams and Metcalf are done also, they need to figure out why all these career threatening injuries keep happening. It wasn't like this 20 years ago.
Easy, we've pushed through the limits of what the human body is designed to do.

And honestly ACL tears aren't a career ender. Plenty of people come back from them. Now Achilles tears...

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Is there data to support that, or are you just saying that it feels like there are more injuries? Because you can go back a long, long way and point out high profile season ending injuries every season. One of the main reasons that the league went away from the old astroturf that used to be prevalent, is because it destroyed so many knees. I'd like to see some data on if more significant injuries are occuring at a higher rate.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Don't know what to say. So disappointing. :(

Best wishes to Breece for a full and speedy recovery! If anyone can do it, Breece can.

Reactions: NWICY and aauummm

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

And honestly ACL tears aren't a career ender. Plenty of people come back from them. Now Achilles tears...

I don't have any data but for an RB losing that explosiveness can make such a difference.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Is there data to support that, or are you just saying that it feels like there are more injuries? Because you can go back a long, long way and point out high profile season ending injuries every season. One of the main reasons that the league went away from the old astroturf that used to be prevalent, is because it destroyed so many knees. I'd like to see some data on if more significant injuries are occuring at a higher rate.
I don't have any data, just been watching football since the mid 80s and I don't remember this many injuries until the last 10 years or so. I've also been playing fantasy since about 2004 and it's definitely alot more players missing time than back then.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

Frank Gore had a pretty successful career after multiple ACLs.

Keep hope alive, but it could be a couple of seasons before our guy gets up to speed