Boomers @ Bucknuts

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
It's official. OU returns the favor, winning 31-16 at the Horseshoe. Could have been 52-16 if not for 1st half offensive gaffs,

• Winner
Reactions: isutrevman

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Randy Pete and company have really talked up the Hawkeye front 7. They are impressive, but here is my early season raking of opponent D's:
  1. OU
  2. TCU
  3. KSU
  4. UI
Is Iowa really much different than UNI even? We should have put 45+ on them.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Try
You know it's slop time when ... Kirk Herbstreet strikes up a conversation about Rafael Nadal (un ... he's a tennis player, FYI).
Trying to distract from the beat down. OU could have been up a couple touchdowns in the first half of not for a few terrible fumbles. That game was not as close as the final score.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Try

Trying to distract from the beat down. OU could have been up a couple touchdowns in the first half of not for a few terrible fumbles. That game was not as close as the final score.

Plus B12 refs spotted OSU a late field goal by ignoring an obvious interception.

• Agree
Reactions: tzjung

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
Oklahoma's D line looked way better than Ohio States D line, at least on this night. That is scary for a lot of people including us. What if they still lose to Garbage Texas this year in the Red River Rivalry game, though? It would be wacky, but I can still see it happening somehow.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
So I know there are a ton of games yet to play.
But, just suppose OU and OSU play Bedlam both undefeated.

The following week they would play each other again.

If they split, the 2 games could the Big 12 get screwed out of the playoff?

If there was no championship game the winner of Bedlam would be guaranteed a spot.

Now I would think it near impossible for a 1 loss OU to be left out given the ass kicking they are laying on on Ohio State.

Again lots of football to be played but Clemson and Bama could conceivably run the table again.

If USC knocks off Stanford tonight, and get through their schedule with 1 loss would be hard to keep them out.

The Pokes will be the ones to get f*cked over, not enough "name" for ESPN. Wish it wasn't that way, but ESPN doesn't give a crap about getting the best teams in the playoffs only the ones they want.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Big 12 probably needs OU to beat OSU in Bedlam, and in Big 12 title game. If you beat Ohio State, and Oklahoma State twice, and go undefeated, then the powers that be won't even be able to screw you out of the playoff then.

Just watch though, this week's poll will have Ohio State move down from #2 to #3, and OU will move up from #5 to #4.... just to keep Ohio State still above OU in the rankings. They will justify it by saying OSU beat a tougher opponent in week 1 than OU did.

Seriously, I doubt that happens, but you never know with these tools. What they did to the Big 12 that one year by putting Ohio State in ahead of TCU was beyond ridiculous.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I just saw that. I was kind of rooting for Oklahoma, but that's a huge **** move. He shouldn't have done that

Screw that. No fanbase deserves that more than Ohio State. They're easily the worst fans I've ever encountered. Make the Hawkeyes look humble.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
This was absolutely huge for the Big 12. Sure, Okahoma won, but the media will ignore that this was an ass kicking by big-game standards. If the Big 12 doesn't cannibalize itself, which is very possible with the round robin and championship game, there's no way they can keep the champion out. I mean, they could. And they'd like to. Especially if it isn't OU. But the noncon performance sets up bigger matchups later in the season. If Texas actually lived up to the hype, this conference would have an argument as the best in the country.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Screw that. No fanbase deserves that more than Ohio State. They're easily the worst fans I've ever encountered. Make the Hawkeyes look humble.
I have to agree with this. I know three Ohio State grads on the faculty at ISU who, when it comes to Buckeye sports, turn into different people.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I was living in Chicago a few years back when Ohio St lost @NW. They are easily among the worst fans in sports. Drunk, angry and vandalizing the city they invaded after the loss.
When State played them in the Fiesta, I came to the same conclusion. Absolutely azzholes!

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Randy Pete and company have really talked up the Hawkeye front 7.... here is my early season raking of opponent D's: OU, TCU, KSU, UI

I have the hok D also behind OSU and WV as I don't think either team gives up 38 against us.

Help Support Us

Become a patron