Body found near ISU Campus

M3MEPLEASE

Sep 4, 2009
So many questions right now. I'm wondering why a police officer was searching this building? Did they get a tip? Obviously everyone is wondering if this is Lacina. If it turns out to be Lacina, did someone commit murder? I find it hard to believe that a person would end up in that building on their own in the winter.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I think way can say that the Smiley Faces weren't involved.

Either it was a drunken accident, or someone with very intimate knowledge of the Dairy Facility was involved.

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
They were tearing down a building from the old dairy farm recently. Could be the same place.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
On the one hand, it seems that it increases the odds that this really was an accident, because the following scenario seems possible based on things I've seen before:

A guy gets really drunk, and goes wandering off. Eventually wanders into the Dairy facility, gets into some room, and passes out. While passed out, he freezes to death. If it IS Lacina (and how many missing people have there been in Ames this year>), it would bring some closure to his family, and if it was a drunken accident, it will give some relief to the folks in Ames.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
That's pretty close to my house, I can't believe they hadn't checked there before now? Wasn't Step 1 to check all University buildings? Completely the wrong way from where he was last seen considering he lived in Buchanan if I remember right.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
So many questions right now. I'm wondering why a police officer was searching this building? Did they get a tip? Obviously everyone is wondering if this is Lacina. If it turns out to be Lacina, did someone commit murder? I find it hard to believe that a person would end up in that building on their own in the winter.
Thats what I was wondering.

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Didn't some friends also run into him around Welch while he was on his way home? That's a jaunt from Welch.

ddisu

Nov 11, 2009
Toledo
I think way can say that the Smiley Faces weren't involved.

Either it was a drunken accident, or someone with very intimate knowledge of the Dairy Facility was involved.

Is there a spray painting of a smiley face cow, maybe they are changing it up a bit. I kid, I kid.

Hopefully this will have some closure for everyone and have their questions answered. I thought every building on campus was searched but that must not of included the vacant dairy farm?

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
I don't have sound on my work computer. Did the news clip say exactly which building he was found in? The article said a "brick building." Most of those buildings were built in the early 1900's and were brick. I worked at that dairy farm for 2 1/2 years while I was at ISU so now my interest is ramped up even more. I think they were doing some research there now and I would guess there were some facilities that were being used very little if at all. I'm suprised this area wasn't search thoroughly when Lacina went missing.

As has been stated, I hope for the family's sake that this is Lacina and they can get some closure.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Was it the Dairy Farm? Or Old Dairy?

Isn't Old Dairy now closed and right across Mortensen from Towers?

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Thx.

That's not that far at all from where he was. Totally wrong direction. But not like he couldn't have made it there on his own.

Dairy Farm on the other hand......

Agree with an earlier post - that was some "exhaustive search" performed earlier. Maybe a mile away?