BLOG: Thoughts on a busy Saturday in recruiting

• Politics and In-State Rivals Threads - You will notice that you may or may not be seeing expected posts from the Politics and In-State Rivals forums.

Due to the nature of these forums, they have been changed from an opt-out to opt-in design - meaning you must opt-in to see them. Unfortunately, that only changes the default for new registrations. Your selections right now are likely not what you want.

You can opt-in/out to either the Politics or In-State Rivals Forums in your user settings (click for instructions to learn more).

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Poor stats at a poor basketball program. Just seems the bar was not set very high. Maybe a better comp would be Talley. He played a lot this year.

You understand he's sitting out for a year unlike those grad transfers? And he's shot a way higher 3P% than either one of those guys? Kane and Prohm identified Johnson early and wasn't a back up to a back up to a back up like Beverly. If Kelvin Sampson and Eric Musselman want him then I think we got a good one.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
You understand he's sitting out for a year unlike those grad transfers? And he's shot a way higher 3P% than either one of those guys? Kane and Prohm identified Johnson early and wasn't a back up to a back up to a back up like Beverly. If Kelvin Sampson and Eric Musselman want him then I think we got a good one.

Yeah, he wasn't a dream guy, but he is a solid pick up with some other good offers.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I would like to know why Bolton thinks he will get immediate eligibility. Is this just an optimist dad?

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Poor stats at a poor basketball program. Just seems the bar was not set very high. Maybe a better comp would be Talley. He played a lot this year.

Sure glad you have such a keen eye for talent. You might want to give Coach K a call, he needs some help recruiting because not all his 5 star recruits end up being starter material.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Yay for Johnson. Been waiting a couple years for our Beverly replacement.
giphy.gif

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Talley was a headcase from what we heard. Weren't there rumors of bad practice habits? I guarantee Talley had the talent to contribute, and he started to at the end of the year some.

JP4CY

A loathsome, offensive brute. You can't look away.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Doubling down I see. Penn State has a HORRIBLE basketball history and Chris Babb was a great pickup for us. He didn't have great stats but became a decent shooter who played outstanding defense.

JP4CY

A loathsome, offensive brute. You can't look away.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I dont think he understands how years work let alone basketball.