Bill Self to OKC Thunder?

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Maybe they can explain to their fan base why they couldn't afford to sign both Westbrook and Durant and go over the cap at all. "We needed to pay a head coach with no experience more than all but two or three coaches in the league to not be taking a pay cut to leave his job". Gotcha. I love comedy hour. This is fun.

I am 99% sure Self isn't leaving, but it's hilarious how stupid you're making yourself look by talking about something you don't understand at all.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I am 99% sure Self isn't leaving, but it's hilarious how stupid you're making yourself look by talking about something you don't understand at all.

Im still waiting for him to catch on.......:twitcy:

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Now KU can feel the rumor pain..... It has been a while since I have heard Self name used in NBA jobs..... Great now Diallo will go to St. Joes..... Where is my #CycloneNationNutCup

ejcs

Mar 11, 2015
Maybe they can explain to their fan base why they couldn't afford to sign both Westbrook and Durant and go over the cap at all. "We needed to pay a head coach with no experience more than all but two or three coaches in the league to not be taking a pay cut to leave his job". Gotcha. I love comedy hour. This is fun.

They will pay the max for those two, so you can stop being dumb

And harden was 6th man who choked horribly against the heat in the finals. They chose to pay Ibaka, because of his upside.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I'm going to miss having Bill in the conference, there's no doubt he can coach, but I can't blame him for wanting to get out of Lawrence. When's the press conference?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
This thread delivers.

Anything that trolls TwoCoach is such an ultimate fashion is alright in my book.

(kidding, 2C, love you so much)

So... what does this do to the Diallo recruiting with the NBA sniffing Self and Cal and Fred seemingly not interested given the roster coming back, his ISU homerism, and his health issues?

(yes, stirring the pot, I figure Self probably stays and CD ends up at (U(K)U) in the end)

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
If Bill Self left KU I'd be more surprised than if I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
You are under the mistaken impression that I am taking any of this seriously. When discussing a topic this ridiculous, it is best to respond with ridiculous. It's all in fun. I don't for one second think that the cost of a head coach is going to end up keeping Durant and Westbrook. I'll throw some tags in there for you next time.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
You are under the mistaken impression that I am taking any of this seriously. When discussing a topic this ridiculous, it is best to respond with ridiculous. It's all in fun. I don't for one second think that the cost of a head coach is going to end up keeping Durant and Westbrook. I'll throw some tags in there for you next time.

Whatever, if you were the stoic professional you like to think of yourself as you never would have opened this thread. If you were 1/2 the stoic professional you like to think of yourself as you would have never posted in the thread even though you couldn't fight the temptation to open it.

Sorry, bro, the boat was out and you got netted.

trolling%20setup.jpg

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Why create another thread that tuco can ruin? All you're doing by creating this is giving him a HUGE chance to be annoying again. Great job!

CydlineFan

Oct 25, 2014
Cousin who works PR for OKC just confirmed that it is a done deal but wont be announced until Monday.

Who coaches KU next year???? Manning? Perry Ellis?

"My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious." :jimlad:

FLClone

Apr 8, 2015

Why are we assuming that Self would be on the list if they were to fire Brooks? Recent evidence says:

1: Two years ago, he had the #1 draft NBA pick (Recruit too) and #3 NBA draft pick (top 5 recruit)... Kind of like having Durant and Westbrook, right? To be fair, Self did lose Embiid (much like Durant this year though for Brooks) and KU got rolled early in both the the Big 12 Tourney and NCAA with overwhelming odds in KU's favor.

2: When has Self showed he can do more with less? Like more with dramtically less. Unfortunately in the NBA they have a draft, not a crazy budget and army of coaches to hand you MCDA each year. I love OKC but I agree with the other posters that Durant heading back to Washington is a strong possibility. I doubt he reloads with the two low NBA picks and the sell of a "rich" basketball city or state that is not OKC / Oklahoma.

3: Is Self a hot coach? Who in the KU fan base isn't disappointed at the last three years? I'm not dismissing the league championships but I think with the talent, they've under achieved, right? Underachieving get coaches fired very quickly in the NBA. See George Karl and Lionel Hollins - two 50 win seasons.

4: My first post is targeted at jabs to KU. Ha!

If Brooks magically was fired and Self magically 100% wanted the job... OKC still passes.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Why create another thread that tuco can ruin? All you're doing by creating this is giving him a HUGE chance to be annoying again. Great job!
What are you talking about? This thread is great! It is like the light that attracts the Tuco moths and keeps them away from the other threads.

Help Support Us

Become a patron