Biggest Win in ISU History!!!

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Uh NO! I live in West Virginia. I don't want to have to hear all the crap if we lose. Combine that with, they're a much improved football team which can beat us if our mind is not in it. So, let's just focus on the next game first. How cliché.

THIS! Everyone seems to be taking a WV win for granted. Like they are just going to roll over for us. The air will come out of our sails real fast if we lose that game, even if we still make the title game. We still have 3 more games to play. I want to finish 10-2, not 7-5. That would suck.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I still think the OSU game in 2011 is the bigger win in school history. But this may be the most important win.

The surprise of 2011 but the result being 'this can be done' really changed some things and it's incredible how that happens.

Yesterday was really playing for something and they had to dig in super deep to find a way and didn't make it look extraordinary in how they did it which in itself is huge.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Texas still definitely has more size, speed, and talent but not half the heart of this team. That being said, talent gap is as narrow as I've seen.

This. We beat Texas and Oklahoma without some fluke 4 turnover game, without some freak big play. We lined up toe to toe and flat out beat them.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
Pretty much this. UT actually was a little better and had more yards per attempt on passing and yards per run rushing. They seemed like the better team out there (even only slightly). They were marginally better than us in those categories, but ISU made the plays when it counted, won the turnover battle and UT made a mistake or two that hurt. We've been on the other side of games like this, so it's awesome to be on the winning side.

What an unbelievably special win!!!! So sweet. Now the 19th of December becomes the biggest ISU game ever!
Somehow those throws down the middle for 20+ yards in the 2nd half! Players being opeen
Big Plays by BIG TIME PLAYERS.

For much of the game I thought special team issues and bad red-zone production were going to be our demise.

In the end, big time players got it done. On offense it was a team effort lead by Purdy and Hall.

On defense huge plays standout:
- Young's big hit forcing the Longhorn WR to fumble.
- Bailey's 4th down stop of Elinger. While laying on the ground.
- Bankston 2 sacks. Forcing a 57 yard vs. 52 yarder won the game.

GREAT TEAM WIN!!! IMO biggest Cyclone football win (assuming it gets ISU into Big 12 Championship Game).

Let's BEAT WVU!!!!
THIS.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Herman arrogance. Plain and simple. He wanted to embarrass us and flex dominance and it all blew up in his face.
Maybe I should re-watch the 2nd half to see where Texas' offense went wrong. But I can't be too critical of UT's play calling. I would prefer to look at the Longhorns lack of 2nd half points as an indicator on how well ISU's defense played.

In my view people being critical for Herman going for it on 4th down are loco! That was the right decision and to run Elinger was a solid call. He was playing to put the Longhorns up 2 scores late in Q4.

I have no doubt if the situation was reversed, that CMC would have had the confidence that Hall would have gotten a first down.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
Herman arrogance. Plain and simple. He wanted to embarrass us and flex dominance and it all blew up in his face.

CMC and the coaches watching tape this morning--"Man, that was another really stupid call by the Mensa Man. What are we up to now, about 10? Who gets to send the Christmas card?"

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
No, the Texas fans complained for several games about Herman’s Hail Mary offense. They threw deep a lot, but not very accurately.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron