Biggest Win in ISU History!!!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
I didn't really scream. I was more like...

tenor.gif

Wife was taking a nap close by, so I punched the air several times. #NoShame

Iluvteak

Oct 5, 2019
I’ve been a mild critic of CMC too! No more. I promised myself if we won I’d send this apology to Matt :D Matt pls hunker down in Ames for a few more years. Your young and have many years of success ahead. You can enjoy a few more in Ames. Hell if you get bored drive up to Osage I hear it rocks on Saturday.

• Haha
Reactions: cstrunk

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
This is no joke. WTF was Texas doing w/their play calling in the 4th quarter? Throwing deep while leading deep in the 4th quarter? Run the ball

Maybe I'm wrong but I think the deep passes were supposed to open up the running game...Obviously it didn't work because our front seven was too good for the TX Offensive Line....

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Biggest win until the one in two weeks that is. Fixed that whole November nonsense didn't they?
Uh NO! I live in West Virginia. I don't want to have to hear all the crap if we lose. Combine that with, they're a much improved football team which can beat us if our mind is not in it. So, let's just focus on the next game first. How cliché.

Reactions: exCYtable

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
The heart that defense played with those final two series!! They were clearly gassed and not planning to give up anything.

I agree Coach Campbell had enough confidence in our defense to punt on fourth and short ...The defense then went three and out, that was a pivotal turning point in this game....Purdy and Co then went down the field to score the winning touchdown

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
In isolation I don’t think this game in itself is the biggest win. It’s when you add everything else to it, such as first place, a trip to the title game, winning when the lights are shining brightest on you, etc - that’s why this is the biggest win in ISU history.

I have been around this football program since October 1962, when four of us high school seniors drove 60 miles to Lincoln, Nebraska to see the all american ISU running back Dave Hoppmann play....

In my experience this is the GREATEST VICTORY IN MY LIFETIME, setting up a chance to go win the Big 12 Championship in Dallas TX.

....as CMC sez: and remember GO CYCLONES