Big XII Quarterfinal #2 - TCU vs KU

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Trent Johnson led teams are good at blowing close games.

I was ultimately impressed with Trent's ability to calm himself enough to make it to the end of the game without getting T'ed up and costing his team any chance for the win. Now his demeanor in the post game press conference... we'll see how much he gets fined because he is going to call out the officials big time. That was absolute garbage.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I was ultimately impressed with Trent's ability to calm himself enough to make it to the end of the game without getting T'ed up and costing his team any chance for the win. Now his demeanor in the post game press conference... we'll see how much he gets fined because he is going to call out the officials big time. That was absolute garbage.

summarize the end for me

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
summarize the end for me

TCU player called for traveling when he was clearly shoved by a KU defender. Devonte Graham drives to the basket and gets blocked cleanly from behind... foul. Kelly Oubre drove to the basket and every time he missed the shot or was blocked... here comes the late whistle (the kid shot 19 FT's today). Zeigler drives to the basket late with TCU down 5... offensive foul for using his arm to push off. Interesting call as KU players in particular Oubre did that on nearly every drive he had to the basket in the 2nd half.

Same old BS that always happens. TCU certainly didn't play their best down the stretch but KU definitely got the extra boost they needed to get that win from the officials.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
TCU player called for traveling when he was clearly shoved by a KU defender. Devonte Graham drives to the basket and gets blocked cleanly from behind... foul. Kelly Oubre drove to the basket and every time he missed the shot or was blocked... here comes the late whistle (the kid shot 19 FT's today). Zeigler drives to the basket late with TCU down 5... offensive foul for using his arm to push off. Interesting call as KU players in particular Oubre did that on nearly every drive he had to the basket in the 2nd half.

Same old BS that always happens. TCU certainly didn't play their best down the stretch but KU definitely got the extra boost they needed to get that win from the officials.

To me a broadcaster isn't doing their job if they don't point it out. Credit Fran for pointing it out, but in a professional manner.

Charles Barkley at least is honest, 99% of these guys doing games lie through their teeth when a game is decided by officiating.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

The Graham whistle was in anticipation of a foul. If there was contact, the whistle beat it.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

I would of gotten tossed. That was garbage. I hope Baylor beats the ****ing **** out of KU.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
To me a broadcaster isn't doing their job if they don't point it out. Credit Fran for pointing it out, but in a professional manner.

Charles Barkley at least is honest, 99% of these guys doing games lie through their teeth when a game is decided by officiating.

Fran did a nice job pointing out the officiating flaws. He said point blank "I don't like the way this game is being officiated now". Then they show a replay of a TCU player going to the basket and clearly being hacked with no call and then the KU fast break where Oubre drives to the bucket with literally no contact... misses the shot... and of course they whistle the closest TCU player for a foul. What a joke.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I would of gotten tossed. That was garbage. I hope Baylor beats the ****ing **** out of KU.

Baylor has been playing well enough lately that if KU plays like they just did, they will beat them 5 vs 8.

It always comes down to that during B12 play against KU, are you good enough to cover the 4-8 points worth of bs calls per game. Then the non-WWE portion of their schedule kicks in when the NCAA starts.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008

I thought when Trent went out during the under 4 minute media timeout and took the ball from Oubre and started walking it to the officials that we were about to see the Nick Nolte "Blue Chip" drop kick of the ball by the coach up into the crowd. He had every right to be upset.

tumblr_m9hdfmOQfo1r10tndo1_4009.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Baylor has been playing well enough lately that if KU plays like they just did, they will beat them 5 vs 8.

It always comes down to that during B12 play against KU, are you good enough to cover the 4-8 points worth of bs calls per game. Then the non-WWE portion of their schedule kicks in when the NCAA starts.

It why conference pride be damned I will always cheer against KU in the Big Dance.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
It why conference pride be damned I will always cheer against KU in the Big Dance.

I don't even really want us to take KU's 2. I want us to be in Omaha, but I don't want to be the 2 in Kentucky's region terribly bad. But yeah, screw KU no matter what.