Big XII Football

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
We need to get over the Big 10. The only team we could compete with in that league right now is Purdue. Maybe.
All I said was it was early in the season, but based on one game sure, it looks like we would be dumpster diving there too (I for one hope ISU umproves enough to make your statement wrong next week). I am not sure why people get hung up on analysis, it is what it is. Last year the Big 10 was really bad, this year the Big 12 is looking pretty bad. Right now the Big 12 is clearly weaker than the Big 10 and possibly even weaker than they were last year, but my point was just that it is too early to make that statement.

We have more new qbs and in general a younger league than most this year so a lot of maturing could happen. If we finish as poorly as they did last year then yes the Big 12 is as weak or weaker than they were last year. I just don't think we have enough to assume*that will happen yet.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Right now it looks like four tiers not including ISU.

1) Baylor, Oklahoma State, TCU

2) Oklahoma

3) Kansas State, West Virginia, Texas

4) Kansas (Just because it's Kansas)

If ISU gets it together we could finish as high as 5th in this year's Big 12.

Last edited:

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009
I believe I said that I wouldn't blame Lazard if he went somewhere else. Would you?

Of course I want him to be a Cyclone. I wish we could land every 5 star recruit out there. But after losing to UNI, I'm not sure I could blame any young kid if they decided they didn't want to play for ISU. That's just life. It's reality. It stinks sometimes.

And for some reason you continue to defend yourself that this should be posted on an ISU message board?

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu

2) Oklahoma

Honestly I think Baylor is the class of the conference at this point. With everybody else just looking to be various degrees of bad. But I totally agree that if we can show some real impvoements this team could finish in the top half of the conference.

We picked a bad year to be bad at football, but not all hope is lost.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
There's WAY too much ripping on ISU in this thread for me.

This is a thread about the conference. Not about ISU. Though ISU certainly didn't help matters. Did you watch any of the conference games yesterday? Or even just check box scores?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This is a thread about the conference. Not about ISU. Though ISU certainly didn't help matters. Did you watch any of the conference games yesterday? Or even just check box scores?

No. I've just decided that I'm not going to accept all of the bashing of ISU on here anymore if I can't do it either. It seems only right that if I can't bash ISU, why should everyone in this thread be doing it and getting away with it and not being called out?

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
MnB3rCF.jpg

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009
No. I've just decided that I'm not going to accept all of the bashing of ISU on here anymore if I can't do it either. It seems only right that if I can't bash ISU, why should everyone in this thread be doing it and getting away with it and not being called out?

You "won't accept it"... what exactly does that mean?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Grades are in:

Baylor - A+
KU - D+
KSU - C
OU C+
WVU - C-
OSU - B+
ISU- D+
UT - D+
TT - B-
TCU - C+

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER

2) Oklahoma

are you high?

we are going to be the worst team, in the worst big 12 in several years. I'll be happy with three wins.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
are you high?

we are going to be the worst team, in the worst big 12 in several years. I'll be happy with three wins.

Yeah, it's not looking good for us, and it looks even worse when you consider that we'll be battling KU to stay out of the cellar in a very below average conference. Last year was bad enough ending up in 9th in the conference, this year that kind of finish will be worse. We just don't have the talent this year, it was plainly obvious last Saturday.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
I wonder if Oregon State or Kansas State fans gave up on their teams after a loss to an FCS team like Iowa State fans have?

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Waah...waah...we lost a game...waah...our season is over...waah...all is lost.

I don't know who made you guys the authority, but again, I sure hope the team isn't thinking that way. We have 11 more games, there are opportunities for wins...lets get it done.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
For **** sake. If you think Baylor putting a beating on Wafford means anything at all, you are clueless.
This, the Baylor ballwashing here is insane. They are probably pretty good but have not proven anything.
Dear Baylor: Schedule someone with a pulse

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
A couple of years ago when Jantz had a miracle throw to beat UNI there really wasn't much concern from what I remember. Sometimes things just don't go your way. Doesn't mean the season is over. However, seems to me that college football is mental as much as anything else. ISU is already checked as a W in every other team's head this year with the possible exceptions of Tulsa, Iowa and KU. If ISU can take advantage of that it might be an interesting season.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
A couple of years ago when Jantz had a miracle throw to beat UNI there really wasn't much concern from what I remember. Sometimes things just don't go your way. Doesn't mean the season is over. However, seems to me that college football is mental as much as anything else. ISU is already checked as a W in every other team's head this year with the possible exceptions of Tulsa, Iowa and KU. If ISU can take advantage of that it might be an interesting season.
Point. The thing with young football teams is, you lose some you shouldn't--and win some that you shouldn't. Well, we've already lost one that we shouldn't--but there are a whole lot more out there that we "shouldn't" win, than those we "shouldn't" lose.