Big XII Football

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Right now ISU would struggle to score that many points in a full game-length practice.

They don't have the talent to do so.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I'll be surprised if OU beats Baylor in Waco, unless OU gets things figured out in a hurry. Knew coming into the season that OU D-line was a problem, and today didn't do anything to diminish that stigma.

It's possible to swap another L to get a W at home vs. OU. I just don't see Baylor being at a high enough level throughout the entire season to do better than 8-4 or 7-5.

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
I'll be surprised if OU beats Baylor in Waco, unless OU gets things figured out in a hurry. Knew coming into the season that OU D-line was a problem, and today didn't do anything to diminish that stigma.

The WV QB had all the time he wanted tonight, couldn't make many throws, plus good coverage.

That being said, our line probably wont compare.

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
Baylor scored 70 points on a Mid-American Conference team that went 4-8 last year and 3-9 the year before that.

I'm not convinced whatsoever Baylor is top 10 material.

BallSoHard4Cy

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
I could see Baylor going undefeated. No joke. No teams in this league can put up points like them this year and their defense has definitely improved (can't get much worse). OSU and TCU will challenge them out other than they could be playing in a BCS Bowl or better, depending on how the rest of the country shakes out.

My pick for the Big 12 after week two is Baylor, especially watching OU only score 16 on WV and Texas lose by 19 @BYU where they gave up 500+ rushing yards.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Lot of denial in this thread about the strength of Baylor.

You should have seen it when I said I understood why a few experts were picking them to win the B12 a couple months ago. Once their defense went from terrible to merely below average at the end of the year last year, they became contenders.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I am so stoked to enjoy a year free of conference strength arguments. Love you weak Big 12! Now let's win some games Cyclones!

SNEDDS3

Apr 1, 2010
Boone, IA
images

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
We need to get over the Big 10. The only team we could compete with in that league right now is Purdue. Maybe.
Man I can't wait to play another game, you have seen ISU play 1 game this season.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
When was the last time we had a better quarterback than OU?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
There's WAY too much ripping on ISU in this thread for me. According to some on here, I'm the only one that does that, and I'm the only one that still is complaining about the UNI game.

Interesting how that is, when this thread was just started late last night and it's already 6 pages of basically saying how bad ISU (and the rest of the conference) is. But yeah, I'm the only one piling on ISU and the only one still complaining about the loss to UNI.

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009
There's WAY too much ripping on ISU in this thread for me. According to some on here, I'm the only one that does that, and I'm the only one that still is complaining about the UNI game.

Interesting how that is, when this thread was just started late last night and it's already 6 pages of basically saying how bad ISU (and the rest of the conference) is. But yeah, I'm the only one piling on ISU and the only one still complaining about the loss to UNI.

Have you watched any Big XII games? They do look terrible. We aren't looking at one game. We're looking at 15+ and the Big XII looks terrible.

BTW - I believe you are the one who wrote a message to Lazard saying "it's okay if you go somewhere else, we suck" I believe the mods closed the post because it was so stupid.

If that wasn't you, my bad. But, if it was you, you are forever an idiot in my book and you shouldn't say anything to anyone about saying how bad ISU is. When you tell potentially the best recruit we have ever had to go elsewhere??? Pure stupidity.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Have you watched any Big XII games? They do look terrible. We aren't looking at one game. We're looking at 15+ and the Big XII looks terrible.

BTW - I believe you are the one who wrote a message to Lazard saying "it's okay if you go somewhere else, we suck" I believe the mods closed the post because it was so stupid.

If that wasn't you, my bad. But, if it was you, you are forever an idiot in my book and you shouldn't say anything to anyone about saying how bad ISU is. When you tell potentially the best recruit we have ever had to go elsewhere??? Pure stupidity.

I believe I said that I wouldn't blame Lazard if he went somewhere else. Would you?

Of course I want him to be a Cyclone. I wish we could land every 5 star recruit out there. But after losing to UNI, I'm not sure I could blame any young kid if they decided they didn't want to play for ISU. That's just life. It's reality. It stinks sometimes.