cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Why can't Nebby just say they are the "non-conference" game for Big 12 teams this year? Same for Iowa? I'd rather play Iowa than just about any other team for that game. I'm not afraid of Iowa. Yes, we've lost to little brother for a couple years in a row. But I want a shot at them every year!

• Agree
Reactions: STLISU

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I think it is just a matter of time before other conferences cancel. Except maybe the SEC. They might just go it alone. I think their stadiums could be under attack from a military and they would still try to play.

• Agree
Reactions: alarson

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
What would make a lot of concerns and fears go away is a quick, reliable at home test...i believe isu is actually developing..Like a pregnancy test.. It was supposed to be ready by fall.

aside from that... big 12 can say we are enhancing Covid protocols.....ensure that all teams and coaches keep their players in a camp style bubble thought season....and if a player tests positive for Covid they will be given immediate cardiac monitoring during and after being cleared.. if not cardiac issues are seen then they can return...if there are issues then player cannot participate until cleared.

i cannot Imagine a player...knowing everything that is happening and all the risks..is going to sue a university when every player knows the risks and has an option to not play and keep scholarship..

Im pretty sure there are some games scheduled to start end of August? Or first week in September? If those games happen without passed transmission between players then I think other conferences will follow suit..

Reactions: khardbored

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
What would make a lot of concerns and fears go away is a quick, reliable at home test...i believe isu is actually developing..Like a pregnancy test.. It was supposed to be ready by fall.

aside from that... big 12 can say we are enhancing Covid protocols.....ensure that all teams and coaches keep their players in a camp style bubble thought season....and if a player tests positive for Covid they will be given immediate cardiac monitoring during and after being cleared.. if not cardiac issues are seen then they can return...if there are issues then player cannot participate until cleared.

i cannot Imagine a player...knowing everything that is happening and all the risks..is going to sue a university when every player knows the risks and has an option to not play and keep scholarship..

Im pretty sure there are some games scheduled to start end of August? Or first week in September? If those games happen without passed transmission between players then I think other conferences will follow suit..

A test that could get results back in hours or even a vaccine being unexpectly approved would be a game changers.

The extra month does give the schools more time to look at the NFL and other leagues to see what protocols and testing works.
While the NFL isn't a good 1:1 "it worked for them, will for us" comparision if they can't make it work then the B12 ill know it isn't reasonable to even try.

melt

Apr 5, 2006
Chicago, IL

University of Illinois is working on rolling out a test nationally that gives results in 2-6 hours, and is 90% accurate. I will admit, that if this test can be scaled up that you can test players on a daily, or maybe every other day basis, then there probably is a way to still play football safely. There could still be issues if you see huge numbers of cases on one team though.

Reactions: STLISU

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
University of Illinois is working on rolling out a test nationally that gives results in 2-6 hours, and is 90% accurate. I will admit, that if this test can be scaled up that you can test players on a daily, or maybe every other day basis, then there probably is a way to still play football safely. There could still be issues if you see huge numbers of cases on one team though.

How much is it? The cure can’t be worse than the disease!

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Self Righteous butthole. That article makes it sound like they’re scared of competing in the Big 10.
Nebby leaders and fans thought they could just replace the fertile Texas recruiting grounds that treated them so well but they quickly found out that they are nothing more than the outpost of the B1G. I grew up in the old Big 8 days and would be absolutely PISSED if they ever ended up back in the Big 12. Nostalgia went out the window during realignment and the old timers need to let it go.

ABECyguy

Nov 14, 2019
Ames

Yeah, UIUC has already developed a saliva test that they’re using for everyone on campus now. They’re requiring all students, staff, faculty to test twice at week at free on campus testing centers. CFB needs testing like that!

Edit: here’s an article

Tri4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2012
Des Moines
A test that could get results back in hours or even a vaccine being unexpectly approved would be a game changers.

The extra month does give the schools more time to look at the NFL and other leagues to see what protocols and testing works.
While the NFL isn't a good 1:1 "it worked for them, will for us" comparision if they can't make it work then the B12 ill know it isn't reasonable to even try.

My fiance got her test results in around 30 minutes. Instead of going to a test Iowa site which was covered by insurance we just went out of pocket with a local lab. Drive up, get swabbed, get results around the time she got back home.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Why can't Nebby just say they are the "non-conference" game for Big 12 teams this year? Same for Iowa? I'd rather play Iowa than just about any other team for that game. I'm not afraid of Iowa. Yes, we've lost to little brother for a couple years in a row. But I want a shot at them every year!

I would rather see Iowa suffer financially.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Coming in late to the table and apologize if already discussed/stated: you can't have it both ways - invite students back and no sports. Athletes will be segregated and tested daily. Also, Campbell outlaws going to bars during the season and I would not be shocked if all FB players take all classes online. I believe our students (dorms and fraternities, excluding off campus) are more at risk than students.

Unless big tin and pack wussies outlaw students on campus, this is a political statement. You can't have it both ways.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Little ironic that it is a big ten university rolling this out. I would be a great tool and possible game changer. Big ten cancels and nest day Illinois gives this. Definitely ironic.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Nebby leaders and fans thought they could just replace the fertile Texas recruiting grounds that treated them so well but they quickly found out that they are nothing more than the outpost of the B1G. I grew up in the old Big 8 days and would be absolutely PISSED if they ever ended up back in the Big 12. Nostalgia went out the window during realignment and the old timers need to let it go.

The weird thing is I thought they had been recruiting pretty well the whole time. They just get absolutely nothing out them. That's why I thought Frost might actually do something.

This could be skewed, been a few years since I worked with the guy who gave me daily updates on their recruiting rankings.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
i5f4j6ajezaz.gif

Chapanye

Apr 11, 2012
Undisclosed
Biggest threat to a season is unequivocally the recent movement for collective bargaining/against amateurism. B1G/Pac12 are more interested in perpetuating the fallacy that these kids are students first and athletes second because they know that financially it would be more expensive long-term to bargain with and ultimately compensate these kids than it would be to punt on this season. Whether its the $ or the liability, they know that once they start negotiating with these kids, the cat is out of the bag. Anyone who thinks this is truly about player safety is kidding themselves - the fact that a spring season is even being discussed should be evidence enough of that.