Big 12 Tournament, what could've been...

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Nebraska is taking care of business vs. Oklahoma State right now - up 11 with 2:40 to play.

If only we could've pulled out that win over Tech on Sunday and we'd be looking at a #6 seed.

I'm not upset with #8 - I think it's very good for what was expected. Just would've been nice to have two more spots.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
We would have faced Baylor, then Texas.

Instead we have Oklahoma, what, 20 mintues from their campus, and if we happen to win that, we get Kansas.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I don't like facing Texas any better than Kansas or vice versa. Talk about the lesser of two evils!

But I would like playing Baylor instead of OU.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I think we will beat Oklahoma again, and see our boys give a real valiant effort against Kansas and be closer to beating them than many people think. All is not lost yet, although a win last Saturday night sure would have helped.

Oldgeezer

Mar 18, 2006
Waukon, Iowa
I don't like the OK matchup. Longar is a thug. He will pop Hubalek upside the head and gouge him in the ribs on the first 2 possessions, and Jiri will back off and run the perimiter for the rest of the game. If we win, it will be up to Marsden and Cory Johnson to man the paint.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I don't like the OK matchup. Longar is a thug. He will pop Hubalek upside the head and gouge him in the ribs on the first 2 possessions, and Jiri will back off and run the perimiter for the rest of the game.

You based this on what exactly? Stats from the first match-up...

Jiri - 26 points - 9 rebounds - 1 assist - 1 blocked shot - 1 steal - 2 turnovers - 4 fouls

Longar - 20 points - 12 rebounds - 1 assist - 1 blocked shot - 0 steals - 3 turnovers - 2 fouls

Looks like a rather even match-up to me. In fact, Jiri was able to stay in the game and score 26 points despite having 4 fouls.

And I'd call Jiri anything but someone that will run to the perimeter. Did you forget about the Baylor game when he got his mouth bloodied pretty good and he kept on doing his thing? I do.

One of the biggest factors to this game is how well Jiri plays on offense and if he can slow Longar down on defense.

Last edited:

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Also talking about Matchups from the last game, Marsden got absolutely abused by Longar. I mean owned.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Great...another game where I have to hear "Longar" about 50 times. And I just heard the pre and post game driving to and from the game last time.

Why can't they just say "and Longar makes a basket" like they do with everyone else...it always has to be "and Longar Longar makes a basket." Everyone understands his first name is the same as his last name. If you just say Longar, we'll know who you are talking about. It would be different if there were 2 Longars on the team...say Jimmy Longar and Longar Longar...then I could see the need for using both Longars. But there isn't. (Done with my mini-rant)

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Great...another game where I have to hear "Longar" about 50 times. And I just heard the pre and post game driving to and from the game last time.

Why can't they just say "and Longar makes a basket" like they do with everyone else...it always has to be "and Longar Longar makes a basket." Everyone understands his first name is the same as his last name. If you just say Longar, we'll know who you are talking about. It would be different if there were 2 Longars on the team...say Jimmy Longar and Longar Longar...then I could see the need for using both Longars. But there isn't. (Done with my mini-rant)

Jimmy Longar :laugh8kb: I don't know why that's so funny, but it had me spitting up coffee.

How about Longar Smith, or better yet Longar Johnson?

cyclonekj

Apr 11, 2006
Jimmy Longar :laugh8kb: I don't know why that's so funny, but it had me spitting up coffee.

How about Longar Smith, or better yet Longar Johnson?

I approve this message.

sj88825a.jpg

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Longar's parent's lacked an ability to find a good first name. Why not Jason Longar, or Bill Longar.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
Although I dont think we had have much of a chance at all to beat Texas I give us an even less chance to beat KU if we get to them. I dont think there is any team in the country I would rather not play right now than Kansas.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron