***Big 10 Thread***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Did the hawk trolls finally all go back under their bridge? Kinda miss their insights. Not a word since yesterdays game.

They'll be back once they've dug up some stats from one of their players from yesterday or against Illinois, and then use those stats to justify that Solomon Young didn't influence last year's team late in the season when ISU did things like win in Lawrence.

Throw in something about how if Iowa just had 5 or 6 more games to really get on a roll and it's Hokdom city.

That's how these people work.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
If it's not a Big 12, Big 10, ACC, SEC, Pac 12 I consider it a mid-major. I'll give you the Big East isn't your typical mid-major but with it's current configuration it's more of a mid-major than a P5.
In basketball they are referred to as the Power 6. Big East is top-tier bball level talent.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
If Cook announces he's staying at Iowa, last years off season expectations will look like nothing compared to the hype train they'll spin. It'll be like this season never happened (except for their promising b1g tourney showing).

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
Personally I hope he leaves so they can have an excuse to keep Mad Fran (besides the buyout). If he stays and they have a horrible season it could be last chance time, but if he goes and they have a horrible season then they have a scapegoat. KEEP FRAN FOREVER.;)

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
No one is trying to convince you he's staying, just pointing out your reasons are wrong.
If he does end up staying, it's because he's committed to Fran and the hawks, not because he doesn't want to sit out a year.
We don't know that. A ton of players consider transferring and then don't pull the trigger for a variety of reasons. Sitting out a year is one of the factors.

Last edited:

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Suppose Cook does leave, are we all in agreement that it would be a collosal embarrassment to lose to Iowa this Dec, even though it's in Carver? Correct - there's no way we're goona lose this game.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Suppose Cook does leave, are we all in agreement that it would be a collosal embarrassment to lose to Iowa this Dec, even though it's in Carver? Correct - there's no way we're goona lose this game.
It’s always an embarrassment to lose to Iowa.

• Optimistic
Reactions: ESciGuy

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Always embarrassing but we aren't exactly road warriors. Also...Super Bowl.

Reactions: CyTwins

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA

There was no way we were going to lose in '16 either. We should win regardless, but I'll never allow myself to get that comfortable again.

Reactions: Go2Guy

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
There was no way we were going to lose in '16 either. We should win regardless, but I'll never allow myself to get that comfortable again.

The 2016 game was an embarrassing mark on that year. Especially since it denied Monte and Matt going 4-0 against EIU.)

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Exactly; best to avoid any arrogance on our part. Even if Cook does leave (which I think would be stupid), I would not feel confident we pull off a win in Carver this year.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
The talent at the juco level in both basketball and football isn't as good as it used to be.

I was just noting this as well. I went to Indian Hills first playoff game the other day. Man for a team that was 30-0 I was really unimpressed. I didn't see anyone that really stood out like Jameel McKay even. They certainly had an off night and only won by two but I've seen far better teams with quite a few more loses. I didn't even come away that impressed with the center who had 25 pts and 23 rebounds. He played his tail off and has really improved but I don't think he's a P5 player.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I was just noting this as well. I went to Indian Hills first playoff game the other day. Man for a team that was 30-0 I was really unimpressed. I didn't see anyone that really stood out like Jameel McKay even. They certainly had an off night and only won by two but I've seen far better teams with quite a few more loses. I didn't even come away that impressed with the center who had 25 pts and 23 rebounds. He played his tail off and has really improved but I don't think he's a P5 player.

Bruce Weber was there the other night scouting someone.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA

Exactly; best to avoid any arrogance on our part. Even if Cook does leave (which I think would be stupid), I would not feel confident we pull off a win in Carver this year.

giphy.gif