Best place to nap on campus?

HGoat

Dec 18, 2014
Denver, Colorado
Where is the best place to nap on campus?

I Have a 1 hr 20 min break between classes, which is just enough time to catch a nap but not enough time to make it worth going home for.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Sounds like you could squeeze an Econ class in there. You might as well get some credit hours while you're at it.

Last edited:

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Parks 3rd or 4th floor has some good chairs and people don't climb that high.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
One of the two big things you need to find your first year....a good napping spot and a good place to take a #2.

When I was a student, I found a comfy chair in the Food Sciences on the second floor. That building is shaped in an odd way and it was on the Forker side of the building, a random hallway that didn't go to anywhere, but there was a chair. :)

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
ha, can you get a hotel room at the MU? That would be funny. I would think one of the higher library floors would be good though.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
One of the two big things you need to find your first year....a good napping spot and a good place to take a #2.

When I was a student, I found a comfy chair in the Food Sciences on the second floor. That building is shaped in an odd way and it was on the Forker side of the building, a random hallway that didn't go to anywhere, but there was a chair. :)

Ok, but where's your napping spot?

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
with or without blanket?

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
Carver has some pretty nice chairs, but you'd be visible to a lot of people. The 4th floor of the library has some quality spots.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
West side of the upper floors of the library with the sun on you in the afternoon.

abe2010

Jan 14, 2009
Story City, IA

so who's starting this thread? although i know i've read some of that discussion on here before...

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I always used to use the (alwayssssssssssssssssssss empty) reading/extra classroom on the sixth floor of Ross Hall (the Department of History). Big desk to keep you hidden behind, soft chairs, you can lean them over and use the back of it as a reverse pillow, cool in the summer, warm in the winter, and rather dark/dim.

Other than that, I would find an empty meeting room in the Memorial Union (the ones on the third floor, back towards the parking deck, are good, so is the one at the end of the NE hallway looking out towards the Campanile). The library is *okay,* but there was always just enough traffic to make it suboptimal, for me. The stacks are really uncomfortable with those hard, tiled floors, too, you need yourself some carpet and soft chairs to do this right.