Best Dunker in ISU History?

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
There is true artistry and beauty in basketball, when it's played well.

That sequence is like a thunderstorm, it gathers itself under the VA goal, gaining strength. Stinson's pass is a sudden gust of wind that comes out of nowhere. Blalock's is the flash of lightning, full of anticipation, because you know what comes next.. And then Clark is the thunder, full of sound and fury.

It moves so organically.

Say what you want about Morgan's coaching style -- even though they didn't win as much as they probably should have, that was some fun ball to watch.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Justice Thigpen comes to mind with this but maybe that was just more of 'in the moment' or size type of deal.

Reactions: KCClone1

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Immediate reaction is Clark, but Burton has a strong case. The late one against WVU in the Big 12 championship game was ******* epic.

Too young to remember Grayer.

Burtons dunk over Caleb Swanigan to tie the game against Purdue (after being down 10-15 in the second half) - completely gets overlooked given the end of that game... but damn that one ranked up there for me being in person.

We just gave it to Burton for 5 straight possessions and you just knew he was going to dunk on him from the first dribble.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Probably my favorite ISU dunk moment ever though was Fizer against Mihm at Hilton. I believe at the time Texas was maybe tied in the league standings so it was just a huge game. Texas was probably at least top 15. Mihm I believe was the preseason player of the year and Fizer just destroyed him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyfan1965

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Probably my favorite ISU dunk moment ever though was Fizer against Mihm at Hilton.
I'm old enough to have seen about every one of the Hilton dunks since this one. This one was outstanding...as was the crowd reaction. :)

Don't think I missed too many this year. :oops:

Reactions: cyfan4St8

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Watching Grayer's highlights I'd say it would have to be him.

BeneventiCy28

Feb 9, 2015
Granger
Can’t find the highlight, but Doug Gottlieb’s reaction to Nader’s nasty dunk at our early season tournament in Orlando in 2016 was quite memorable, especially with the exclaimed “UNNNNNGH”

Help Support Us

Become a patron