Beat Baylor

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Honest to god multiple onside kicks against Baylor is not a bad idea. It isn't like a long field hurts them at all.

Last time we tried to onside kick against Baylor, we got offsides called on the kicker.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Game plan. Onside kicks and fake punts.... Keep their O off the field.

Unlimited Hickory park for refs.
Free car rentals for refs.
Hilton Magic tickets for the refs.
Special first time cheer for the refs by the Clone Cheer Team.
Special Google Glasses for better communication with Paul for the refs.
More commercials to slow the action down.
Wild Wing sprinkler master control.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
UCF was pretty good last season with their only loss coming against South Carolina. Computers still had Baylor as a better team after that game. Upsets happen. Baylor was still putting up large numbers on offense. The defense just didn't show up.

You could argue their offense is a little worse and their defense is a little better this season.

Ya mean that 6-9 DE?

bigdaddykane

Mar 3, 2014
Had a buddy who told his family to sell their Ok St tickets in 2011 because "there was no way we'd win". Ended up missing the best game in ISU football history. Bottomline: if you have tickets, go.
I had a totally different feeling about that game, I'll go but im not expecting much.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Nebraska scored 77 in 1997. I swear I was one of 10 people left in the stands at the end of that game, it was 25 degrees with a 20 mph N wind and snowing. It was completely miserable.

http://www.huskermax.com/stats/1997/iowastate.htm

After ISU upset Nebraska, Osbourne just BURIED ISU.

Beating Baylor goes beyond a slowed down offense- need a disruptive d-line to throw off their timing.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Cyhart, did you forget about that plane crash prior to our game against Okie Lite that saw a bunch of their athletic folks killed. Do you think that might have played a role in the game that evening? Glad we won but man I wonder about some of you and dismissing such a tragic event at their school and acting like it had no bearing on the game!

The Oklahoma State football team had little to no connections to the women's basketball coaching staff. No. It didn't effect them. It was terribly sad, but it didn't effect them. If it was the men's basketball team instead of football I'd be more likely to believe it, as generally the mens and women's basketball teams intermingle.

halaleezy

Aug 10, 2010
Hey guys,

Great win over the hated Hawkeyes. Way to represent the conference. As some have mentioned in this thread, we're really banged up early in the season. Antwan Goodley aggravated a quad injury in the first quarter of the SMU game and is yet to catch a pass this season. He *should* be back for the game, but we'll see.

Corey Coleman, who was supposed to be our #2 WR this season, hasn't played yet this year with a hamstring injury in the preseason. He is also projected to be back, but he's had a history of muscle pulls, so who knows.

Clay Fuller, WR who was our 4th leading returning WR, is out for the game with a broken collarbone suffered in the preseason.

Levi Norwood, our #2 returning receiver is out for this game due to wrist surgery on an injury he suffered in the SMU game. He's also our punt returner.

Devin Chafin, our #2 RB (and "big back") only played a few snaps in the opener vs SMU, aggravated a groin injury, and has not played since. He is tentatively scheduled to be back.

Tre'Von Armstead, our starting TE has been in and out with a nagging injury, but he should be ok for the game.

LaQuan McGowan, our mountain of a LG (6-8, 415), had a left leg injury in the Buffalo game. He splits snaps at LG, and I honestly have no clue if he'll be back.

I'm not expecting any sympathy from you guys, as you have had way more than your share of guys go down with season-ending injuries, just wanted to provide an update.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Hey guys,

Great win over the hated Hawkeyes. Way to represent the conference. As some have mentioned in this thread, we're really banged up early in the season. Antwan Goodley aggravated a quad injury in the first quarter of the SMU game and is yet to catch a pass this season. He *should* be back for the game, but we'll see.

Corey Coleman, who was supposed to be our #2 WR this season, hasn't played yet this year with a hamstring injury in the preseason. He is also projected to be back, but he's had a history of muscle pulls, so who knows.

Clay Fuller, WR who was our 4th leading returning WR, is out for the game with a broken collarbone suffered in the preseason.

Levi Norwood, our #2 returning receiver is out for this game due to wrist surgery on an injury he suffered in the SMU game. He's also our punt returner.

Devin Chafin, our #2 RB (and "big back") only played a few snaps in the opener vs SMU, aggravated a groin injury, and has not played since. He is tentatively scheduled to be back.

Tre'Von Armstead, our starting TE has been in and out with a nagging injury, but he should be ok for the game.

LaQuan McGowan, our mountain of a LG (6-8, 415), had a left leg injury in the Buffalo game. He splits snaps at LG, and I honestly have no clue if he'll be back.

I'm not expecting any sympathy from you guys, as you have had way more than your share of guys go down with season-ending injuries, just wanted to provide an update.

So you're saying you're only going to beat us 59-7 this year?

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I'm curious how attendance will be. I would hope that the "casual" ISU fans would be excited about the Iowa win and would look at going to the Baylor game. 7pm kickoff, prime time, all day tailgating..what more could you want? We need a rowdy crowd like the OSU game in 2011 to help the team out.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I'm curious how attendance will be. I would hope that the "casual" ISU fans would be excited about the Iowa win and would look at going to the Baylor game. 7pm kickoff, prime time, all day tailgating..what more could you want? We need a rowdy crowd like the OSU game in 2011 to help the team out.
Actually, it looks like pretty much all of section H is available, a little under half of section G is available, and about 1/4th of section O is available. The light blue sections either are very limited on seats together or only singles remain. They grey areas are sold out. Not bad but hopefully there is a push the next couple weeks to sell these tickets.

attachment.php

Attachments

• jts.JPG
    jts.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 364

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Remember they have been resting most of their starters for the bulk of the 2nd half of their games thus far much like they did with us last year in WACKO. Chafin the backup RB is big time and has been out if I am not mistaken and they can go 6 deep at wide receiver if they get their 4 top guys back for our game. Davion Hall and K.D. Cannon who they now call TD Cannon are two freshmen that could start most places right now. We have to be able to pressure the Petty and find some guys that can run 10.3 or so to keep up with their burners. Goodley and Cannon can flat out run away from most DB's in the game.....they scare me along with Coleman and Norwood! Remember their 2nd and 3rd string QBs could be starters at most places as well now thus this team is super deep! Seth Russell and Chris Johnson are big and fast. Just hope they don't like cold weather!

I have decided, due to history, to ignore any post from stineclone that contains the phrase "big time"...which is dang near all of them. furreals, go back and read his posting history, it seems to be a requirement of his posts to sneak in 'big time' somewhere.