BDJ

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
For some reason he is this year's whipping boy. I have seen a lot of posters blame him for a "me attitude" and "this isn't UNLV" type comments.

Not sure why the hate. If picking up one intentional foul was horrible, then we've rarely had a great player. I'm pretty sure Kane and Ejim picked up a few flagrant/intentional/technicals in their time.

BDJ's stats through 4 games:

14.8 ppg (2nd on the team to Georges)
7.3 rebounds/game (2nd on the team to Georges)
2.8 assists/game (3rd behind Monte and Georges)
1.5 steals/game (Leads the team by a long shot)
1 block/game (Leads the team)

He's also shooting 89% from the FT line.

I just don't get the hate for him.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Its typical early season hate on the new guy. People always forget, we crucify these guys every season. Then we turn around and worship them come late Dec-March

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
It's totally undeserved. People bagging on him are comparing this team right now to the last team in March. It's a completely idiotic comparison.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
The intentional foul bothered me because it was a knucklehead move from a Senior. The antics on the floor against Alabama were more concerning.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I remember the same criticisms of Kane early on. He will find his role, and his length and athleticism will help this team.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Yeah it doesn't make any sense. BDJ was not the reason they lost that game. Him and Edozie were the two best players last night.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
He was frustrated last night because literally no one else could make a shot.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The intentional foul bothered me because it was a knucklehead move from a Senior. The antics on the floor against Alabama were more concerning.

Yep. I wouldn't mind seeing benched.

Thought it was interesting seeing the players barking at each other. Might be an interesting season.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
He's played fine his biggest problem, he's not Deandre Kane. The ppl after him are the same ppl who anointed him the next Royce,Clyburn, Kane before he ever wore a Cyclone uni. The guy (with Edozie) carried us in the first half last night. Im just fine with how he's played.

Now his technical foul....that was a bush league move, hopefully that's not a preview of the his attitude. It was the reaction a little kid has when things aren't going their way, def not what we want from a guy who should be senior leader

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land

Yep. I wouldn't mind seeing benched.

Thought it was interesting seeing the players barking at each other. Might be an interesting season.
Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Consistently throwing his hands up in the air on the break when Monte didn't give him the ball. Then acting disgusted and pouting when he had to come out. The kid has a ton of potential but it would be nice to see an assist from him in the near future.

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
People definitely have short memories. Did we all forget how bad Korie Lucious was in the non-conference 2 years ago? BDJ has had a few issues sure, but he's light years ahead of some of our other impact transfers, with the exception of probably Kane.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Consistently throwing his hands up in the air on the break when Monte didn't give him the ball. Then acting disgusted and pouting when he had to come out. The kid has a ton of potential but it would be nice to see an assist from him in the near future.
He had SEVEN against Georgia State. And don't tell me you wouldn't be frustrated if your team played that badly in a game.

Last edited:

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
People definitely have short memories. Did we all forget how bad Korie Lucious was in the non-conference 2 years ago? BDJ has had a few issues sure, but he's light years ahead of some of our other impact transfers, with the exception of probably Kane.

I'd say (after a whopping sample size of 3 games) he's in the Clyburn/Allen/Lucious category more than the Royce or Kane category. Not a knock on the guy, I just don't think he's an all conference caliber guy based on what we've seen so far against no where near the best competition we'll face.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
He had SEVEN against Georgia State. And don't tell me you wouldn't be frustrated if your team played that badly in game.

Great example. The BDJ haters must not be looking at the stat lines, because he's our best defender, 2nd best rebounder, 2nd best scorer and very unselfish with the ball.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
The hands being thrown up happened in the Alabama game and they were up by double-digits at the time. Time will tell but I think the Jury is still out.

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
One sign that Bryce is not fitting in ... he's just not whining to the refs enough when he gets called for a foul. Dustin and Naz need to work with him on the throw-the-hands-in-the-air-and-look-around-wide-eyed-with-astonishment move after getting whistled for one. Maybe watch some Ejim game tape as well.