BDJ - 1 Game Suspension (against Iowa)

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
After Niang, BDJ was going to present the toughest match-up issue for Iowa so it's definitely a hit. That being said, the rest of our team is still very capable of winning. Really hoping Matt and Naz knock down shots early from outside. Some solid offensive production from them will be needed to off-set the loss of BDJ's points.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
I actually have the exact opposite feeling. I really don't think we were going to have a tough time at all tomorrow night walking away with a win. This is just a distraction I feel like the team didn't need.

I hope your feeling is right.

Georges, Naz and Monte don't get distracted easily. I'm sure they're going to be fine. Thomas and Nader need to bring their A games. Win or lose, this game should strengthen this team and show us what they're made of.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I have to admit, prior to today's events, this game made me nervous and I did not have a good feeling about it. I actually feel like with all of this happening, the team will band together and play for the "fallen soldier". I think that if BDJ was not suspended, the crowd would have been too much pressure for him and we probably would have played worse. Oddly, I actually have a better feeling now about the game now.

Oddly enough, I'm feeling the same way. I think the team will step up and play a complete game.

Bewilderme

Apr 11, 2006
Minneapolis
Like Georges and Naz said, we've got talent from 1-10, and it's just another guy's turn to step up. I see this as a good challenge and character building exercise. Still like our chances.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Outside of it being a rivalry game, the game is pretty meaningless. I figured if Hoiberg would suspend, he would do it for more than 1 game.

But Hoiberg has certainly earned the benefit of the doubt and I trust his perspective.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
At first I assumed Thomas would start but I think Fred might want him coming off the bench for this game, so I'll predict it's Edozie

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Now is a great time for Georges and Naz to show their leadership abilities and go win.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
I respect Fred's decision. 1 game isn't the end of the world. Things could have been worse. Someone send that judge a fruit basket or something.

Also if we lose, everyone is going to know it's because BDJ was out. :twitcy:

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I never expected more than a one game suspension. Fred knows the press would not let this rest, so let's get it over with a kick some *****. I hope Georges goes for 40 and sips more coffee.

Section110

Apr 4, 2014
Outside of it being a rivalry game, the game is pretty meaningless. I figured if Hoiberg would suspend, he would do it for more than 1 game.

But Hoiberg has certainly earned the benefit of the doubt and I trust his perspective.

ISU has a pretty weak non conference schedule. This game is far from "pretty meaningless". It's a match up with another major conference opponent, and it's a rivalry. If ISU loses they are 0-2 against the B10. I completely disagree that it is meaningless. Same goes for Iowa. It's a big game both ways. Just because it is still early in the season doesn't mean it's meaningless.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
This is just the kind of thing that will make Naz come right out of the gate and go absolutely nuts. I'm guessing 5 made threes in the first half.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
At first I assumed Thomas would start but I think Fred might want him coming off the bench for this game, so I'll predict it's Edozie

I could see that but I also think that CFH likes haveing Edozie coming off the bench for Georges/Hogue to protect them if either gets a quick foul. My money is still on Matt, he started the Iowa game last year and would help the shooting. We'll see a lot of Nader too.

BallSoHard4Cy

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
People are gonna have to step up. I think they will. I don't know if we'll win, but this I don't think this will be the most deciding factor in the outcome.

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
I think that we will need everything we have to win this game. Like in football, you can throw expectations out of the window. Game on. Let's go take this win Cyclones!