Basketball Season to Start Nov. 25

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I will have to see how well my Covid vaccination works, then I would go to games. With my luck I am a control and received saline, which I highly suspect since I have no side effects after the first one.
Just because, I’m kind of curious.

I read that at least two of the vaccines being developed are a brand new type of vaccine that hasn’t been used before. Non traditional vaccines. I’m not going to try to explain it in detail, but as I understand, rather than being developed from actual COVID-19 strains, they’re developed from things that are supposed to help your antibodies recognize the shape of COVID-19 viruses.

As a non traditional vaccine, I’m not sure that you would have a reaction, because I’m not sure there is actual COVID-19 in those vaccines to react to.

You might want to ask if you’re on one of those particular trials, and clarify with your Doctor.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Not to derail, but I don’t see how this isn’t the weakest flu season in the last 50 years. Flu is not nearly as contagious as the China virus and everyone is wearing masks and washing hands. Plus more people than usual will likely get the flu shot.
Think you are overly optimistic

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019

cjclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 22, 2006
Just because, I’m kind of curious.

I read that at least two of the vaccines being developed are a brand new type of vaccine that hasn’t been used before. Non traditional vaccines. I’m not going to try to explain it in detail, but as I understand, rather than being developed from actual COVID-19 strains, they’re developed from things that are supposed to help your antibodies recognize the shape of COVID-19 viruses.

As a non traditional vaccine, I’m not sure that you would have a reaction, because I’m not sure there is actual COVID-19 in those vaccines to react to.

You might want to ask if you’re on one of those particular trials, and clarify with your Doctor.

Many people have a reaction as that was a problem in the phase one trials. Also, no reaction at the injection site. I usually have a reaction to about anything it seems like. One of the reasons I wanted the vaccine, hopefully if I catch the virus I won't have as severe of a case of the disease.

You are correct in that the vaccine is supposed to have your body produce antigen that is similar to parts of the virus. Messenger RNA.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and Aclone

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Think your reading comprehension needs some work. I was talking about the flu.
Several points
1) apparently Iowans are not doing that great of a job wearing masks and washing hands. You cannot just trust us to do the right thing
2) my mistake, I thought this thread was about basketball season possibilities. Flu cases may be down as you suggest, I think they were in Australia. Less flu, while CV rages is not likely to result in a successful BB season, certainly not with fans
3) sidebar - it is going to be pretty tough to have fans for FB against OU. I was pretty sure it would be allowed a week ago. If our state remains one of the worst in the country (little being done to change the trajectory) there will remain tremendous pressure for no fans. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
4) you lost a lot of credibility when you said “China Virus.”

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Not to derail, but I don’t see how this isn’t the weakest flu season in the last 50 years. Flu is not nearly as contagious as the China virus and everyone is wearing masks and washing hands. Plus more people than usual will likely get the flu shot.
I'm with Cyclad on this one - you lose credibility when you use the term China virus.

Not that you have any credibility to begin with, but still...

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Several points
1) apparently Iowans are not doing that great of a job wearing masks and washing hands. You cannot just trust us to do the right thing
2) my mistake, I thought this thread was about basketball season possibilities. Flu cases may be down as you suggest, I think they were in Australia. Less flu, while CV rages is not likely to result in a successful BB season, certainly not with fans
3) sidebar - it is going to be pretty tough to have fans for FB against OU. I was pretty sure it would be allowed a week ago. If our state remains one of the worst in the country (little being done to change the trajectory) there will remain tremendous pressure for no fans. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Next time just get it off your chest without pretending I was talking about something that I obviously wasn’t.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Several points

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Talk about a punch in the gut for those teams that were suppose to be in Maul this year:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Talk about a punch in the gut for those teams that were suppose to be in Maul this year:

They would have had to spend nearly 3 weeks in Hawaii if it was held there. I think Hawaii is still requiring a 2-week quarantine for all visitors, regardless of nationality.

But yeah...Asheville vs Maui. Definite bummer.

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
Never fails. Football team looks bad so most clone fans jump on the basketball band wagon. Then once basketball goes downhill it’s back to waiting for football. Repeat. Jared stansburry on last nights weekly cyclone radio show on KXNO even stated he would not talk about football on the whole show and focus on basketball. DURING FOOTBALL SEASON

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Never fails. Football team looks bad so most clone fans jump on the basketball band wagon. Then once basketball goes downhill it’s back to waiting for football. Repeat. Jared stansburry on last nights weekly cyclone radio show on KXNO even stated he would not talk about football on the whole show and focus on basketball. DURING FOOTBALL SEASON
Well he was a basketball player so.....

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Never fails.

Hok trolls stay away but are right back once any chance pops up.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone and NWICY