Barnes to announce on ESPNU

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site
I'm sure he'll have already notified the respectice schools before he announces on ESPN. I'm sure this is just for the fans. I'd be surprised if he hasn't already notified the schools involved. I'm guessing you don't set an announcement date for TV until you have already made a decision at that point. Why force yourself to make a decision on a set date if you don't have to. I could be wrong though, as I haven't gone through the process myself.

I am excited to finally know though. Hope he gives ISU a chance. But it's his decision to do what he wants with his life, and I can respect that.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
Dear Harrison,

Please make me happy for rest of my life. All I want for Christmas is Harrison Barnes.

Sincerely,

True Iowa State fan.

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago
I would assume, or I would hope that Harrison and recruits alike would have the courtesy to let the coaches in the running of his decision prior to announcing to the media.

Coach K, Roy, Mac and the others will not be watching ESPNU like us to find out the fate of HB.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
I assumed that he would be flying to ESPN's studio. Anyone know for sure?

They normally do it at their high school. I also don't think the "winning" coach will be in attendance, unless it is Mac.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I want a camera on Dukie Vitale...

Just in case he picks the Clones over the Blue Devils - and we can see his head explode.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I want a camera on Dukie Vitale...

Just in case he picks the Clones over the Blue Devils - and we can see his head explode.

Winning coach might not BE ALLOWED in attendance.

Not sure what the contact rules are, or if they change after commitment and during the season.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
They normally do it at their high school. I also don't think the "winning" coach will be in attendance, unless it is Mac.

That's too bad. I think they should do it like an award show, like the Heisman. Have the 6 coaches sitting in a row and then have Harrison announce which one "won" and have the camera's close in on the disappointed faces of the others.:yes:

Reactions: cycloneworld

clone4lyfe

May 21, 2008
West Des Moines
What if he has all 6 hats on the table and picks up the ISU hat by mistake and puts it on as he says I'm going to be a (fill in school name) and then realizes he grabbed the wrong hat. That would probably be the biggest high followed immediately by the biggest low in most Cyclone fans' lifes. :biglaugh:

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
If HB would commit to ISU, I would think there has to be some possibility of Craig staying his senior year, or Gilstrap getting a second year. Both of those are very long shots.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
That's too bad. I think they should do it like an award show, like the Heisman. Have the 6 coaches sitting in a row and then have Harrison announce which one "won" and have the camera's close in on the disappointed faces of the others.:yes:

I think they should do it Duck...Duck...Goose style.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
If HB would commit to ISU and Craig were to get hurt, I would think there has to be some possibility of Craig staying his senior year, or Gilstrap getting a second year. Both of those are very long shots.

Not sure how HB coming to ISU affects Gilstrap's standing with the NCAA.