Barnes to announce on ESPNU

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

clonefan1

Aug 7, 2006
Whatever happened to a Cybookie for who he chooses

What are the chances our coaching staff knows in advance who he's picking? I think that if he did pick ISU, that it would get leaked out somehow. Unless he met with Coach Mac and only coach Mac.

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
I have to agree with jarrods...I can't wait for it to be over, so that ISU can move on with him or without him...I really feel that we have been dragging our feet with the 2010 class because we have been holding out hope.

It will be nice to have a conclusion to this debacle.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
What are the chances our coaching staff knows in advance who he's picking? I think that if he did pick ISU, that it would get leaked out somehow. Unless he met with Coach Mac and only coach Mac.

I'm sure he has to tell ahead of time, whomever the lottery winner is.

I mean.... what if they had pulled their offer? That would be pretty embarrassing for HB, wouldn't it?

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Whatever happens i hope nothing but the best for him, he is very mature for his age and has always been a good kid since i can remember can't wait to see what he does at ames this year, and what he does at the next level

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I don't think there will or should be a melt down if he doesn't choose ISU. He is just become way to hot a recruit to get upset about him not going to one of the big boys. If he doesn't choose ISU, I just hope he doesn't pick another Big 12 team so we have to live through what if in Hilton.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire

We need someone to spy on Mac. If he is in a overly good mood this week, we will know.

When is the weekly media conference or does that not start until regular season?

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
When is he announcing and who's in the running besides Duke and ISU?

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
I'm assuming DJK15 can figure out when he's announcing from the first post of the thread.

The six finalists are ISU, Kansas, Oklahoma, UCLA, North Carolina, and Duke.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Is he announcing today? I thought he wouldn't until like th 20th or something.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
The six finalists are ISU, Kansas, Oklahoma, UCLA, North Carolina, and Duke.

So out of this list, I would guess that UCLA and Oklahoma are the least likely which will leave ISU, Kansas, UNC, and Duck..I mean Duke.

I wonder if HB took lessons from JP on how to keep everything under wraps.