B1g is the best CBB conference

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
The top 3 in the b1g are legit, after that it was pretty meh. It really is crazy how ESPN refused to see how obvious it was that the big 12 is the better league though.

The Big 12 is more of a grind than the Big 10. 9 unranked teams in Big 10. Plus, a lot of teams only had to play the top teams once. Big 12 you got 6-8 games minimum against top ten teams. 12-14 games against ranked teams minimum. Big 12 always gets overlooked by the Big 10/East Coast bias media.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Ohio State was an incredibly week 2 seed with 9 losses. The problem is, there just aren't many real strong teams outside of Gonzaga and maybe Baylor. Everyone else has lost a lot of games this season already. I mean, a 6 loss Illinois team as a 1 seed? There's not really anyone else deserving of their spot either.

Two 1's and two 2's was a little overkill with the bias though.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
They were a little overrated as a whole, but Illinois is the real deal IMO. Mich would be too at 100%. Always thought OSU was overrated. 2 seed was a joke for them. MSU shouldn't have gotten in in the first place. Iowa is a little overrated IMO as well. Thought 3 or 4 seed for them would be more realistic. They should still get to the Sweet 16 for the first time 20 plus years though.

The Big 12 isn't out of the first round yet. Lets see how they do before we start crying about the Big 10.

Duke, MSU, Ky and UNC hardly existing really opened the door for teams to jump up although imo Texas should have swapped out with one of them to the 2 line.

Now that I've typed that watch UT flail around tomorrow.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
They were a little overrated as a whole, but Illinois is the real deal IMO. Mich would be too at 100%. Always thought OSU was overrated. 2 seed was a joke for them. MSU shouldn't have gotten in in the first place. Iowa is a little overrated IMO as well. Thought 3 or 4 seed for them would be more realistic. They should still get to the Sweet 16 for the first time 20 plus years though.

The Big 12 isn't out of the first round yet. Lets see how they do before we start crying about the Big 10.
I pretty much thought Ohio State was right there too...if Michigan hadn't lost Livers, they'd be there too. Everyone else...meh, too many flaws

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Change my mind.
this is funny

but seriously who would have thunk it Wisconsin looks the best, so far, of all the big ten teams.

Also can someone explain Okie State to me? I thought they had a postseason ban? Does the ncaa view those like out of state parking tickets now?

Reactions: isutrevman

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I pretty much thought Ohio State was right there too...if Michigan hadn't lost Livers, they'd be there too. Everyone else...meh, too many flaws
Ohio State lost their last 4 games of the regular season. I would have like to have seen Houston get the 2 over them. Alabama could have been rewarded with a 1 over Illinois since they won the SEC regular season AND tournament, but Illinois was deserving as well so it's a close call. Just a weak field this year and some odd records with teams battling covid issues.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: CySmurf

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
this is funny

but seriously who would have thunk it Wisconsin looks the best, so far, of all the big ten teams.

Also can someone explain Okie State to me? I thought they had a postseason ban? Does the ncaa view those like out of state parking tickets now?

Pretty much the ban is only good if you aren't going to make the tourney. If you are going to make the tourney you apply for a waiver and get it.

Reactions: isutrevman

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
this is funny

They’ve appealed the ban. Since that hasn’t been ruled on yet, they are allowed to play. It seems like most talking heads think their appeal will be successful.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Ohio State lost their last 4 games of the regular season. I would have like to have seen Houston get the 2 over them. Alabama could have been rewarded with a 1 over Illinois since they won the SEC regular season AND tournament, but Illinois was deserving as well so it's a close call. Just a week field this year and some odd records with teams battling covid issues.
Houston is a 2 seed.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
They’ve appealed the ban. Since that hasn’t been ruled on yet, they are allowed to play. It seems like most talking heads think their appeal will be successful.

This is why some of us are still playing checkers. Explains exactly why the top recruit in the country elected to stay with a club that was banned from postseason. There's a really good reason they didn't appeal until late February.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
this is funny

Agree. I get that the current staff and players at Okie State aren't the ones who committed the violations. But, at some point it's up to the athletic department to make sure their coaches are following the rules and they didn't do that.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: brycy and Snydes

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I fell asleep with the TV on and woke up in the middle of the night.

Now playing on that channel was something called "Hawkeyed".

The two gentlemen talking said a couple of sentences to each other before I got around to turning it off.

The departing sentence was, "A lot of these teams have never experienced the elite players and elite teams of the Big Ten".

It never ends.

Help Support Us

Become a patron