Atmosphere...PA announcer...no Juicy Wiggle

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I ran into a few KState fans in the can a couple times. They were nice enough and complimentary of our atmosphere.

The two jackasses wearing hawk tshirts on the other hand…. Total dumbfucks. Were clearly there just to start **** and be obnoxious

• Angry
Reactions: 1100011CS
Oct 6, 2022
I ran into a few KState fans in the can a couple times. They were nice enough and complimentary of our atmosphere.

The two jackasses wearing hawk tshirts on the other hand…. Total dumbfucks. Were clearly there just to start **** and be obnoxious
Why the **** were they at an Iowa State game at the same time Iowa was losing to Illinois?

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
Can't take away the fact our team played hard and will continue to do so however, it would be nice to keep your crowd in the game and keep the Jack jacked. Not last night. It started with our weather announcement stating "All Bears fans should take cover" Bears? we played the Wildcats! Then there were numerous opportunities to play some music and keep the place rocking. Oh no, we had to sell winter sports season ticket packages over and over again and pay some bills with Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Case, and etc. Way too many advertisements. Next up, our band plays YMCA but spells YMDA or maybe it was YMOA it was a 50-50 split in our section. The band was off the field with 9:30 left and what do we do....pay the bills again with more advertising. And last but not least, No Juicy Wiggle???..that is a guaranteed crowd pleaser and something that energizes the whole stadium! On a positive note, the wave was pretty cool.
Agreed, was hoping for that and maybe something like light up the crowd with phones. This is my second year for season tickets. I crave for that feeling vs Oklahoma st last year where there was just a buzz in the air. People were so loud you couldn’t hear yourself yelling. Everyone was dancing and rowdy. I told my sons about it who we also got season tickets for. Told them it’s a feeling you just can’t explain you have to feel it. So far I haven’t felt that this year. Not sure if fans are frustrated with our offense or mad at the officiating but wish the fans could get a little more fired up. I thought with the bad officiating in the Baylor game that the fans were just ready to erupt but the team played deflated in the second half and kind of killed the buzz. Last week vs k st I felt like the fans were close but lack of offense killed the buzz once again however feel like the place could have been more intimidating 3rd quarter on

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Agreed, was hoping for that and maybe something like light up the crowd with phones. This is my second year for season tickets. I crave for that feeling vs Oklahoma st last year where there was just a buzz in the air. People were so loud you couldn’t hear yourself yelling. Everyone was dancing and rowdy. I told my sons about it who we also got season tickets for. Told them it’s a feeling you just can’t explain you have to feel it. So far I haven’t felt that this year. Not sure if fans are frustrated with our offense or mad at the officiating but wish the fans could get a little more fired up. I thought with the bad officiating in the Baylor game that the fans were just ready to erupt but the team played deflated in the second half and kind of killed the buzz. Last week vs k st I felt like the fans were close but lack of offense killed the buzz once again however feel like the place could have been more intimidating 3rd quarter on

Play boring football. Win boring prizes. We’re going to start waving at Ross Hall at halftime pretty soon.

• Haha
Reactions: SolarGarlic

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
I thought this thread offered a reasonable opinion on our environment from a K State fan.

Pretty damn fair, imo. Clearly parked in a bad spot. Dead on re: students, it has seriously hurt the interaction with the band and the vibe in general. Sadly, he’s right on 1st and 2nd down; not sure how to change that. There is a game a year where it is better, depending on the opponent.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
It's still pretty funny that we resurrected the crowd wave, one of the best moments of the night.
Props to the students, they are trying and the band went down to them again to interact On YMCA. Honestly, the average JTS atmosphere isn’t enough to weather the change in student seating.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
The team largely gave us nothing to cheer about. The offense sucks the life out of us.

I laughed at how they were advertising tickets for the OU game late in the game. Yup, we are all motivated to watch more of this.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Props to the students, they are trying and the band went down to them again to interact On YMCA. Honestly, the average JTS atmosphere isn’t enough to weather the change in student seating.
I am sure the northwest lower level people would be pissed but just flipping them with the old student section would have been so much better. Then the students would be by the band and the team when they enter the field.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
The students at Kinnick are in a corner too and their atmosphere is typically good. I’d wait to make too much judgement until we actually see a good home game. Typically though I’ve never thought fans at Jack Trice get all that loud outside of big games.

• Disagree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Seems to me like simply working with media partners to broadcast other games during media timeouts would go a long way toward making everyone happy. I'm sure there are copyright issues, but this isn't rocket surgery...figure it out.

titleist

Dec 31, 2008
Ames
From the west side, the student section has become almost non-existent. With a northwest wind, they have no chance on being heard. I'd put them back to where they were.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Offense is what gets a crowd going. Not scoring very well doesn’t help.

Same goes with everyone *****!ng about the student section... it would be fine if we could score some points in a meaningful game...

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
From the west side, the student section has become almost non-existent. With a northwest wind, they have no chance on being heard. I'd put them back to where they were.
haha right on cue....

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Same goes with everyone *****!ng about the student section... it would be fine if we could score some points in a meaningful game...
I'm trying hard to hold off on making an opinion about the student section, particularly until we get a barn burner or something to see what it feels like in there with the student going berserk but I am leaning more and more that it hurts more than it helped to move them. Maybe it will change if Manning lets Hunter cut it loose and the place goes nuts. We'll see.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I think they did them during football too, but I couldn't swear to it. I don't remember what the object was.

On some level I could hardly blame the athletic department for ditching all those gimmicky activities. Given the sheer amount of time to fill with all the timeouts, reviews, etc. there's just no way to produce enough content for that. It would be easy enough to do nothing and hope that people leave for concession stand purchases.

I frankly care a lot less about silly in-stadium entertainment than I do about the ability to check the score of other games with a reliable cell phone connection.

They did. Early Rhoads era is was a "Helmet Shuffle" with little ISU helmets. I remember my wife was upset some time later that they replaced the Helmets with some sort of insurance company logo.

And I don't remember when they quit doing it altogether. Maybe early Campbell?

Reactions: Trice

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Juicy Wiggle is being overused in Cyclone Nation. They play it at WBB and Gymnastics too. I'm afraid of wearing it out.

We shouldn't play it at football just because we want to hear it, but we should play it only when we earn it.

P.S. I liked when the stadium video showed the guy who had "GET JUICY" on his phone.

• Agree
Reactions: alarson