Atmosphere...PA announcer...no Juicy Wiggle

TDclones

Nov 29, 2006
Can't take away the fact our team played hard and will continue to do so however, it would be nice to keep your crowd in the game and keep the Jack jacked. Not last night. It started with our weather announcement stating "All Bears fans should take cover" Bears? we played the Wildcats! Then there were numerous opportunities to play some music and keep the place rocking. Oh no, we had to sell winter sports season ticket packages over and over again and pay some bills with Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Case, and etc. Way too many advertisements. Next up, our band plays YMCA but spells YMDA or maybe it was YMOA it was a 50-50 split in our section. The band was off the field with 9:30 left and what do we do....pay the bills again with more advertising. And last but not least, No Juicy Wiggle???..that is a guaranteed crowd pleaser and something that energizes the whole stadium! On a positive note, the wave was pretty cool.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
They play Juicy Wiggle during the first TD of the 2nd half. Probably need to re-think the timing on that ;) Maybe it should be the first first down of the second half!

You'll remember in the Iowa game last year, they played it after that late meaningless TD.

Reactions: MJ29

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Our A/V has been awful all year. We hear more Wellmark and HyVee ad scripts from our PA announcer than we do hyped game moments. Extremely boring and poorly timed music selections, too... Nothing keeps the crowd engaged.

Last edited:

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I'm somewhat of the mindset that if you're going to have a tradition tied to something like scoring or winning, you actually have to score or win or you dilute the tradition.

But then I'm old enough to remember when Sweet Caroline was played after the third quarter if the game was competitive (what a low bar for a "tradition") and it turned into a curse because we'd end up losing every game they played it.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Our A/V has been awful all year. We hear more Wellmark and HyVee ad scripts from our PA announcer than we do hyped game moments. Extremely boring and poorly toned music selections, too... Nothing keeps the crowd engaged.
Offense is what gets a crowd going. Not scoring very well doesn’t help.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Offense is what gets a crowd going. Not scoring very well doesn’t help.
Even when we do have decent moments, we still can't stay engaged.
I'm somewhat of the mindset that if you're going to have a tradition tied to something like scoring or winning, you actually have to score or win or you dilute the tradition.

But then I'm old enough to remember when Sweet Caroline was played after the third quarter if the game was competitive (what a low bar for a "tradition") and it turned into a curse because we'd end up losing every game they played it.
Tom Petty is only marginally better in that regard, unfortunately for us.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
The environment was a significant step up last night. The wrong weather announcement was bad but other than that thought it was actually a productive environment. You didn’t have things conflicting yesterday which has been a problem. Juicy Wiggle is at the first second half touchdown. As you might have noticed the team didn’t do their part for that. I thought they actually did a much better job of letting the crowd organically build instead of trying to force it and kill the crowd.

Reactions: VeloClone

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Crowd was great last night. It was ready to explode.

Tying Juicy Wiggle to a second half TD might be a mistake, but that has its pros too. It has spelled doom for the opponent more times than not.

• Agree
Reactions: huntt26

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Fans are stupid regarding some of these songs. I like anything that gets the crowd going..... as should everyone else.

Do I ever listen to Juicy Wiggle or Sweet Caroline in my free time at home or in the car? No. But if they get the crowd all jacked up.... then I love them! We should ALWAYS play Juicy Wiggle between the 3rd and 4th qtrs IMO.

TDclones

Nov 29, 2006
I feel the A/V was not what it could have been last night and was an absolute flop. At the end of the 3rd quarter I felt the crowd and team needed an energy boost. I know they have played Juicy Wiggle between the 3rd and 4th quarters before without the TD. To me, that would be a perfect spot for it moving forward!

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
They play Juicy Wiggle during the first TD of the 2nd half. Probably need to re-think the timing on that ;) Maybe it should be the first first down of the second half!

You'll remember in the Iowa game last year, they played it after that late meaningless TD.
Play it between 3rd and 4th quarter, like it used to be played. Get the fans off their butts and rock the stadium.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!

They should have played it when we took the lead, instead of Jump Around. Same with swag surfing, give the crowd something to do during those long TV timeouts.

CivEFootball

Sep 16, 2010
Fans are stupid regarding some of these songs. I like anything that gets the crowd going..... as should everyone else.

Do I ever listen to Juicy Wiggle or Sweet Caroline in my free time at home or in the car? No. But if they get the crowd all jacked up.... then I love them! We should ALWAYS play Juicy Wiggle between the 3rd and 4th qtrs IMO.

Nope that's reserved for House of Pain's Jump Around........