Art Briles calls Mark Mangino a "stud"

SheldonCooper

May 30, 2014
Not really. I'm always excited for the Clones. Even through last year: most of the home games were sold out, we were competitive in the majority of them, have a passionate coach who cares about the program, and got rewarded with the WV game being the most exciting game of the season. What's not to like?

People just need to temper the expectations. I'm not saying we should accept losing and become a culture of losing in Football, but realistically we do ok most years while playing in one of the toughest conferences in the nation (it's not like we are racking up conference losing streaks like KU) and not being the hotbed for highly rated recruits. We do the most with what we have. Maybe Lazard coming on board and the addition of Mangino turns a few more recruits our way. Who knows...

A friend of mine jokes with me that a 6-6 season at ISU is a successful season and when we had Seneca Wallace and the Davis brothers felt like ISU was playing in the NC game. And you know what, I'm not offended because it is true. An 8-4 season would be like going undefeated for other schools. We'll always be the underdog school and I for one enjoy the role and take it for what it's worth.

That is sooooooo sad and pathetic.

Seriously.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Mangino didn't "upgrade" Youngstown St last year.

UGH ... he was a TE coach and recruiting coordinator for his alma-mater.

With more thought on why you posted in this thread.... The Mangino factor is a worry up there in Canada.

-keep

lakesbison

Jul 14, 2009
not too worried about Mangino. Im just saying if he's this offensive guru, I would of liked to see some improvements at YSU before I appoint him the next norv turner.

NDSU beat Mangino's team in Kansas and held them to 3 points (yea I know he was fired 6 months before that, but it was still his recruits)

ill move on, good luck to mangino.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
not too worried about Mangino. Im just saying if he's this offensive guru, I would of liked to see some improvements at YSU before I appoint him the next norv turner.

NDSU beat Mangino's team in Kansas and held them to 3 points (yea I know he was fired 6 months before that, but it was still his recruits)

in this post ... you expect Mangino to do something with other coaches recruits that would impress you... then say without mangino his own recruits weren't any good.

trollololol

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA

Jeebus u dum.