Arkansas Rumor

cyclonekj

Apr 11, 2006
If there is any truth to the Arkansas rumor, it's interesting that there was a Walmart connection to Larry's fall from grace, too. His friendship with the Kroenke family is what landed him at the party where the infamous pictures were taken.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
Most of you (except Darts and Arkansas) do not seem to understand how good this job is.

This is easily one of the top 15 or 20 jobs in the country. They are passionate about basketball. They have tradition...they were back to back participants in the Final Four in the mid 90s. They have fantastic facilities...a brand new arena that holds about 20,000 and is full for nearly every game. They play in a high profile Conference that has a TV deal with CBS. They have money...can you say "WalMart"? The area in northwest Arkansas is a very vibrant area due to all of the "WalMart" development.

About the only negative to this job is the current athletic administration in place. But even with that, they will get a better candidate than Eustachy.

You nailed it! These people are passionate about their Hawgs in every aspect, every sport...my God you'd have to be if you're willing to do that insane hog call. :baffled5wh:

And you're right...there is a lot of money flowing down here, not just from Wal*Mart, but you also have Tyson's and J.B. Hunt as well. I know LE has made the statement that he'd prefer to stay put where he's at since they were willing to give him a chance but truthfully he'd be insane not to listen to Arkansas if they indeed are interested in him, especially when you consider all the reasons you listed.

If LE were to become the next BB coach at UA I'd seriously consider becoming a fan. Now football....uuhhhh no. They need to get rid of Side Show Nutt and his crew of goofballs.

darts180

Apr 12, 2006
When I lived in San Antonio, I used to go to this sports bar called Fatso's. The Arkansas alumni group in the area used the bar as their game watch place. There were rows of tables full of people wearing hogs on their heads, maybe more than any other team, except for Nebraska football fans, that I ever saw there.

It was hilarious to watch a man in his 50's lead the pig sooie (sp?) cheers.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
You nailed it! These people are passionate about their Hawgs in every aspect, every sport...my God you'd have to be if you're willing to do that insane hog call. :baffled5wh:

This passion is the byproduct of having no professional sports teams, only one major university, and of course inbreeding!!