Votes: 111 89.5%
  • No - NIT baby!

Votes: 13 10.5%

• Total voters

NiceMarmot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2017
The only reason people are saying we are a lock is because those people are believing the ESPN hype. If we lose out, everyone will be nervous on selection Sunday.
I mean, it's not ESPN hype, it's what the committee (which has absolutely nothing to do with ESPN) said just a week ago. We were #11 then. Now obviously we wouldn't be #11 now, but there are 46 major conference champion and at-large spots in the NCAA Tournament. To fall into the 40s or the danger zone would require 30 teams jumping us when those teams are all also losing (just today already, see Creighton, Michigan State, Arkansas, Oklahoma State, and NC State). ISU is probably in that 20-25 range now.

NILversusCFL

Dec 1, 2022
If the team is a 7, the hope is that Hampton is not a 10..

Seriously, college basketball is BAD this year. Part of the reason is NIL and the portal. Teams don't play together for any time at all. For example, who will return next year for the clones ? A brand new team. AGAIN.

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
Teams like Drake and College of Charleston should probably get in over ISU if they lose out in my opinion but the replacement would probably be a Penn State or Clemson who really wouldn't deserve it either so Cyclones would probably at worst still get into the play-in game based off of all our quad 1 wins even with three more losses to end the year.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
What scares me some is how OU took Texas to OT in Austin, yet we got blown out. I realize Texas was way up for our game than they would have been for OU, but once the ball goes up that should become less a factor. Hopefully our guys can play with great energy and most of all get into the paint and get some easy baskets.
"get into the paint". .... almost a rare occurrence for our guards/wings, unless its off a turnover. ugh

Dec 16, 2022
I’m just here for the meltdown.

The best part of all of this is that this is historically a top 20 ISU squad of all time and our delusional fans think that they deserve better.

Guys, no real Final 4's, two real conference championships and those were over 20 years ago. I love them more than anyone, but some of you need to take a real look in the mirror and evaluate your expectations.

****, teams like K-State fall into better seasons than ISU has ever had, ever. Just face reality, then talk to us about realistic expectations and disappointment.

Reactions: CYTWINCITIES

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Yes. still a tourney team. But I hope some lessons are learned regarding what it takes to compete at the highest level in this conference.

KSU will almost assuredly finish higher in the B12 this year and that shows that better things are possible. Tons of credit to the staff for the turnaround but IMO they should not care so little about the offensive end moving forward with roster construction. Efficiency matters and they haven't cared a lick about that in the portal through two offseasons.

Reactions: CYTWINCITIES

tomar1

Aug 16, 2008
After today’s showing I don’t think we’ll win another game this season unfortunately! WV should have beaten KU today at Kansas! Inconsistent offense and defense struggled today! We need to recruit shooters from the portal from now on!

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
After today’s showing I don’t think we’ll win another game this season unfortunately! WV should have beaten KU today at Kansas! Inconsistent offense and defense struggled today! We need to recruit shooters from the portal from now on!
Give me shooters that are trying on defense over defenders that are trying to shoot every single time.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Bottom line -- even if ISU somehow dropped to lowest 5 seed after the loss to OU, and ignoring numerous losses by teams at or below our seeding, we're 22 slots above First Four.

Games remaining vs. West Virginia, at Baylor (2 seed) then whoever ISU draws in Big 12 tournament (negligible effect at that point).