Appears we open up @TCU on Sept. 26

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale

OSU obviously still not happy.

I really think the Big 10 potentially killed themselves with this decision. I mean what are they going to do about it if Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Iowa, and Nebraska say screw you.
I don’t necessarily think those schools go through with anything but if they all group together they have the power to do what they want.

Reactions: Win5002

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I really think the Big 10 potentially killed themselves with this decision. I mean what are they going to do about it if Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Iowa, and Nebraska say screw you.
I don’t necessarily think those schools go through with anything but if they all group together they have the power to do what they want.

Barta isn't doing anything. He is probably happy that this is all going down and getting crazy. Takes the heat off the racism news that he was dealing with.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If a team like OSU or Michigan went rogue, other teams would too. You're not kicking out an OSU or Michigan, so by default you wouldn't kick out the others either. If it's just Nebraska I could see something be done though.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
What's the point of the season if bowl games/playoff are all out of whack without Pac-12 and Big-10 teams?

Bowl games are not important in the grand scheme of things. TV money is the main priority if we're being honest. Conference championships would be legitimate. If ACC/SEC/Big 12 play, you can have a playoff and a national champion.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Of note, we no longer have the Thursday night game or a game the Friday after Thanksgiving like we originally had scheduled. I'm fine with that, can now reclaim a couple extra days of PTO back I had already slated to take off for those.

Reactions: PredominantISU

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Would you rather watch 10 games and no playoffs, or watch no games at all?

I guess my main comment seemed a bit attacking with "what's the point", I just meant what would happen with all the bowl-games/playoff. I guess the regular season Big 12 championship game would still be up for grabs but nothing "post-season".

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
What's the point of the season if bowl games/playoff are all out of whack without Pac-12 and Big-10 teams?
Remind me when the PAC-12 has ever been relevant to the playoff?

To answer your question, it’s no different than when contenders lose their star quarterback or running back, and drop off the list. You simply move on with what you’ve got.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Of note, we no longer have the Thursday night game or a game the Friday after Thanksgiving like we originally had scheduled. I'm fine with that, can now reclaim a couple extra days of PTO back I had already slated to take off for those.
Just gonna point out. I’m not sure they’ve adjusted for TV yet.

For that matter, I don’t think people have thought about TV suddenly having a bunch of prime B1G slots to fill. Do the remaining conferences get more $ to cover them?

oh, and the PAC-10, too.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
For that matter, I don’t think people have thought about TV suddenly having a bunch of prime B1G slots to fill. Do the remaining conferences get more $ to cover them? oh, and the PAC-10, too.

Doubtful that the Big 12 gets more money.

It will, however, move up in the selections by default. Imagine the Big 12 having the 11:00 Fox national game every week.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Just gonna point out. I’m not sure they’ve adjusted for TV yet.

For that matter, I don’t think people have thought about TV suddenly having a bunch of prime B1G slots to fill. Do the remaining conferences get more $ to cover them?

oh, and the PAC-10, too.

Our third tier are with ESPN+. I would imagine for them to fill any ABC or ESPN slots, that they would have to pay a tier one or tier two price. We may get a bump from that.

Reactions: Cycsk and Aclone

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas

It will, however, move up in the selections by default. Imagine the Big 12 having the 11:00 Fox national game every week.

if big 12 plays football you better believe big 12 gonna make a lot more $$..It’s about viewership, advertising etc..Currently big 12 isn’t really contracted with Fox..it’s espn. But ESPN might sell some games for a hefty penny which is added to big 12 coffers..

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010

I actually have said this to friends...imagine all the reworking of contracts/legal stuff as this continues to emerge/change.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm and Aclone

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
if big 12 plays football you better believe big 12 gonna make a lot more $$..It’s about viewership, advertising etc..Currently big 12 isn’t really contracted with Fox..it’s espn. But ESPN might sell some games for a hefty penny which is added to big 12 coffers..

The Big 12's TV deal is with ESPN and Fox. There's a contract. The contract has terms. The Big 12 will get the money guaranteed in the contract.

The other leagues could be at risk of losing their revenue by not playing, but that doesn't mean the leftover/extra money just automatically goes to the Big 12.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron