Appears we open up @TCU on Sept. 26

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010
I actually have said this to friends...imagine all the reworking of contracts/legal stuff as this continues to emerge/change.

My guess is the contracts will be paid out on a pro-rata basis of the current contract depending on the number of games played. That shouldn't involve too much detail. Maybe under the idea of the Big 12 adding two team they get a pro-rata addition not any increases.

If ESPN or FOX were strongly encouraging play this season it might bring the Big 12 some good will in upcoming tv contracts. Possibly the ESPN+ deal with ESPN in the future.

The hard thing to figure out with ESPN was do they want a season? You would assume they do financially but they are so politically motivated, one might wonder.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I would certainly agree with that. College students make bad decisions all the time. I don't believe playing football is going to stop them from making bad decisions.

Yeah it's a valiant effort to try to get this going but I don't think the chances are great for it to go for too long...schools and football both.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Well they voted for no fall season so not sure why he’s complaining.
They're not going to release who voted what way, but it doesn't really look like Ohio State voted to move the season to the spring.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
They're not going to release who voted what way, but it doesn't really look like Ohio State voted to move the season to the spring.
Wait- I thought it was common knowledge it went 12-2 with Iowa and Nebbie being the 2. Was that incorrect?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Isn't JP buddy buddy with their AD? I think I recall seeing posts about him visiting down there multiple times over the years.
Lol JP getting lose on Bourbon St, there’s a sight....

They are though. I can’t place it but I know I’ve seen him mention him more than once. Former UNI AD I think.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
But it will greatly reduce the opportunity and risk.
Having the season in the fall will greatly reduce the risk of these guys from going out to the bars, going to parties, etc. No, it will not be zero, but it's likely going to be very minimal. Coach Campbell had these sorts of rules in tact before COVID even happened, and now that it has, these players are going to be looked at under a microscope. And, if you do break the rules, you will be punished. You're not only breaking the rules and therefore putting yourself above the team, you'd be possibly risking the entire football season for Iowa State as well as other schools.

Reactions: aauummm

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Wait- I thought it was common knowledge it went 12-2 with Iowa and Nebbie being the 2. Was that incorrect?
It's complicated. That vote got leaked but apparently that vote had nothing to do with the decision of whether the season would be pushed to the spring or not.

I just have a hard time thinking some of these schools voted yes with how their coaches have been acting on social media. I would say OSU, Iowa, Nebraska and Michigan voted yes.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
My guess is the contracts will be paid out on a pro-rata basis of the current contract depending on the number of games played. That shouldn't involve too much detail. Maybe under the idea of the Big 12 adding two team they get a pro-rata addition not any increases.

If ESPN or FOX were strongly encouraging play this season it might bring the Big 12 some good will in upcoming tv contracts. Possibly the ESPN+ deal with ESPN in the future.

The hard thing to figure out with ESPN was do they want a season? You would assume they do financially but they are so politically motivated, one might wonder.

For sure, very fair points. Just thinking even about ESPN...if they've sold ads for slots to sponsors....that changes now...and each of those types of things need to be reworked. Just nuts. Coaches incentives (number of wins, etc).

But you are right, if this pans out and we helped them fill their slots (i.e. make money), that has to help us out, too.

Reactions: Win5002