AP Top 25 - ISU receiving votes

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
Not many teams right above us losing today, if any....

I am losing my self-assurance that we will be ranked next week.

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
We can still move into the top 25 by preponderance of evidence. We are already close, and we had an impressive win by most standards. We have a narrative going, we just need a couple so-so games in front of us. Not saying anything is guaranteed, but this team has earned itself a fair shot.

clone511

Mar 15, 2016
Urbandale, IA
As much as I want a top 25 ranking, looking at the current top 25, there really isn't a spot for us since no one has lost (yet, fingers crossed) or played badly enough to merit a drop from the rankings. I do however think that ISU's resume is better than Memphis and we have better quality wins with OU and Tech, so perhaps we jump them this week for the 25th spot? Do we actually root for BayLLLLLLor to beat WVU just so WVU drops from the rankings and we crack the top 25? I'd personally rather see Baylor get curb stomped every game of the year. We'll be in the polls eventually this year, hopefully after a W against TCU next week.

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
After PSU finishes off Michigan, they could potentially drop out. We certainly have a more impressive 5-2 resume than does Michigan (assuming they lose tonight which appears to be inevitable). Although i'm guessing most voters are going to see UoM and ISU with the same records and automatically vote them higher based on name value alone.

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
General question: would it be better for us to be ranked or not ranked going into next weekend? It's a huge game either way, but would it matter if we are ranked or not?

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
General question: would it be better for us to be ranked or not ranked going into next weekend? It's a huge game either way, but would it matter if we are ranked or not?

I don't personally think so. Having a number in front of our names doesn't make us run any faster or hit any harder.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I don't personally think so. Having a number in front of our names doesn't make us run any faster or hit any harder.

It does get our names in the paper and our game gets more coverage. People that don't care about polls (not saying that's you) are weird to me. There are benefits to being ranked. And it's fun.

• Agree
Reactions: Dormeezy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Not many teams ahead of us lost today. Maybe Michigan or WV or LSU will lose

If Michigan's still ranked after tonight I'd almost rather ISU not be ranked so they don't have to associate themselves with the people that do the ranking.

I think we see ISU at 23ish. They've earned it.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Michigan isn't making much of a case for being ranked.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I don't think this team cares that much about it but it may make a few of the guys salty if we aren't ranked. Any little bit helps.