Anyone else hearing that JP has already decided Prohm is coming back?

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Or his agent, or its just a normal thing.

My searches have found only a few coaches have a lower buyout by the NBA versus other Colleges, It is not a normal thing. It is sought by coaches who want a cheaper buyout by the Pros because their next job preference is in the Pros. Agent represents the Client and what the Client wants.

Reactions: cyclonehomer

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
In this conference, we have to obtain either an experienced or great coach - not just a recruiter - if we are serious about competing. Most low major coaches (Prohm) can’t be trusted due to lack of data points. Some mid major coaches may work, but remember that Campbell (football) is the second most tenured coach in the league right now and is an outlier.

I don’t know if Hoiberg fits this category or not, but he is at least an offensive mind and would be less risk than TJ.

Reactions: Statefan10

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
In this conference, we have to obtain either an experienced or great coach - not just a recruiter - if we are serious about competing. Most low major coaches (Prohm) can’t be trusted due to lack of data points. Some mid major coaches may work, but remember that Campbell (football) is the second most tenured coach in the league right now and is an outlier.

I don’t know if Hoiberg fits this category or not, but he is at least an offensive mind and would be less risk than TJ.

How is he ahead of Patterson and Gundy?

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
He’s from the Midwest and old. He may want to get back here.

Usually old people originally from the midwest want to be in Arizona, or Florida..or sometimes California, South Carolina, Hawaii, or Georgia.

Not sure I buy this "argument."

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Someone on Twitter said they heard Notre Dame is likely going to part ways with Mike Brey and are going after Beilein. He’s probably worth a phone call.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Freds buyout is only big if Nebraska is still completely sold on him after two years of last place in the B1G.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Brey has been excellent since running into us in the NCAAs. Fred changed his world.

Ah, thanks for the good memory. I was at that game and it was absolutely amazing, in every positive sense of the word, just how thoroughly we dominated a higher-seeded team.

Reactions: CoKane

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Ah, thanks for the good memory. I was at that game and it was absolutely amazing, in every positive sense of the word, just how thoroughly we dominated a higher-seeded team.

I remember hearing all those pundits talk about how their big, slow bigs would grind us, and thinking (and mostly likely posting a billion times----I know my students and I worked it out) that they'd have to keep up with us, and no one like that had been able to yet.

That was a fun, fun game.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I remember hearing all those pundits talk about how their big, slow bigs would grind us, and thinking (and mostly likely posting a billion times----I know my students and I worked it out) that they'd have to keep up with us, and no one like that had been able to yet.

That was a fun, fun game.
I was at a BWW for that game and was it was one of my favorite games as an ISU fan because we flat out dominated em. Sucks that we had to follow it up the next game with one of my least favorite moments as an ISU fan lol.

Reactions: cyatheart

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I was at a BWW for that game and was it was one of my favorite games as an ISU fan because we flat out dominated em. Sucks that we had to follow it up the next game with one of my least favorite moments as an ISU fan lol.

Ya take the good, ya take the bad; ya take them both and there you have the Cyclone Life.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006

Yeah. I remember being in the arena, sitting with a bunch of other Cyclone fans, getting all sorts of excited during our late 2nd half comeback, and then the feeling of utter deflation following Aaron 'effing Craft's 3-pointer. I remember leaving the building and going back to my car and making eye contact with fellow 'Clone fans and just shaking our heads simultaneously without saying a word to each other.

• Winner
Reactions: Statefan10

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron