Anyone else hearing that JP has already decided Prohm is coming back?

ChickenNuggetMan

Drinks beer with CycloneLarry69
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2017
Minneapolis
Fred wouldn’t be my first choice, but it would definitely be better than the steaming pile of ******* Prohm gave us this year.

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
Is the MBB team arguably in a worse spot than it was when Fred took over? He used the transfer market and struck platinum on a few sleepers (Niang,Monte) to pull Iowa State up last time. The risk for him would be huge to come home and fail at what is now a bigger rebuild project.

Honestly, I cannot believe we are in this situation. Two of the names discussed the most are retread-type (for us) hires (Fred and TJ) and we are coming off a historically ball season.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Time for a new Coach.

Marial Shayok, Talen Horton Tucker (another high profile recruit), and a skinny tweener guard named Tyrese Haliburton added an influx of talent over a one year period that reminded fans of times when guys with the names White, Clyburn, and Kane were constantly sitting in that transfer “queue”. Another Big 12 Tournament Title was added to the record books, but a 9-9 conference record and a first-round exit at the hands of an average Ohio State team left fans puzzled, but ultimately complacent. If winning in Kansas City and making the tournament every year was the low bar, life couldn’t be too bad, right?

But whispers began to circulate about that year’s team. Fights in practice and guys not following direction and getting into trouble all took the spotlight over the talent we saw on the basketball court. Doubt began to creep in. Then, disaster: In the span of one summer, the very core that had fans drooling over the future vanished. Lard, Wigginton, and Talen Horton Tucker left for greener pastures, and the roster was decimated. Unable to plug the holes in the sinking ship, the next year’s team was abysmal and even as Tyrese Haliburton dazzled and delighted on a nightly basis, it still wasn’t enough. That team finished 12-20 and even lost to Florida A&M. Tyrese Haliburton’s correct decision to turn pro punched another hole in an already depleted roster. The program was in serious trouble.

Since 2017, this Iowa State program has 50 total wins and a whopping .396 win percentage. 18 total conference wins in that same span, coupled with a multiple losses to teams who you’ve never even heard of further point to a growing problem: This program is going in the wrong direction and something needs to change.

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Is the MBB team arguably in a worse spot than it was when Fred took over? He used the transfer market and struck platinum on a few sleepers (Niang,Monte) to pull Iowa State up last time. The risk for him would be huge to come home and fail at what is now a bigger rebuild project.

Honestly, I cannot believe we are in this situation. Two of the names discussed the most are retread-type (for us) hires (Fred and TJ) and we are coming off a historically ball season.

Yes to all your questions. And agree the rate of decline, at least to this level, is frankly depressing for a school that values MBB like ISU. My only hope is as fast as the drop has been, the rise could be similar given the right coach, system and talent.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Huge Fred guy. He’s getting older too I’m sure he’d love a legacy of being the money behind getting Fred back home (and out of Nebraska as a bonus **** you).

Bigger TJ guy. His son in law was in TJs wedding. Or maybe vice versa.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Huge Fred guy. He’s getting older too I’m sure he’d love a legacy of being the money behind getting Fred back home (and out of Nebraska as a bonus **** you).

Nebraska is going to have 10ish million **** yous in that case, then.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Rather fascinating story actually.

From Ankeny.

Yeah, and if you grew up around the Ankeny area back then.......depending on which way the wind was blowing....you knew there was chemical facility nearby. That more than likely couldn't get started in today's regulation world.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Just because the ISU AD is broke doesn’t mean anyone else is. A guy like Albaugh’s fortune has probably doubled in the past 10 years just by doing basically nothing.

Maybe he’s ready to finally open all those cobra Kai dojo’s all over San Fernando valley with his friend John kreese.

Help Support Us

Become a patron