Anyone else hearing that JP has already decided Prohm is coming back?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Look, I’ve made my peace with TJ. I think most of his supporters are playing it better this time around. Last time this board was filled with influential people acting like TJ was the only choice. I remember podcasts telling us he was the only choice. I didn’t like it then and I don’t like it now.

But he’ll if he wants to be here, I should be fine with it! And I guarantee that I’ll be the one defending him when everyone else wants him fired.

In my opinion it made more sense then than it does now.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Here's my TJ spiel that no one cares to hear, but I'll say it anyway... I'd love to have TJ if he is committed to bringing in a coaching staff that can help him in areas that he believes he is not successful in. That would be the X's and O's.

I think TJ can recruit well enough to be successful in Ames, and I think he'd be well loved here too, I just am reluctant to say I'm confident he can coach at this level. We've seen where a good recruiter but poor coach can get us and that's not going to fly.

At the end of the day, we'll just have to wait and see. Whoever it is, we should welcome him with open arms because they're going to need a ton of support with how the program currently is.

Fishhead

Oct 6, 2010
I guess reading page after page and reading here’s what I’m hearing” from different posters and different end games I guess I will believe the one who posts a secret phone tap conversation from JP’s cell phone

Reactions: CascadeClone

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
In my opinion it made more sense then than it does now.

Maybe. I don’t even know. Part of me thinks we should stop being so in the family.

I told someone today that NONE of the choices excite me. Altman should excite me but he’s so old. Craig Smith should excite me but he’s so generic. TJ should excite me because he might actually want to be here. But they are all blah. I’m sure I’ll get excited once the new guy is named.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Anyone else intrigued by Minnesota's firing today and how it'll affect Iowa State? Just thinking that we're both P5 schools 3 hours away from one another and are both going to be searching for viable candidates..

• Agree
Reactions: Snydes

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Could be but he's not on the short list from what I"m told from MN fans up here

you mean the ****** nebraska coach who beat you and caused you to fire your coach isn’t at the top of their list?

maybe they want TJ?

• Haha
Reactions: Statefan10

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Maybe. I don’t even know. Part of me thinks we should stop being so in the family.

I told someone today that NONE of the choices excite me. Altman should excite me but he’s so old. Craig Smith should excite me but he’s so generic. TJ should excite me because he might actually want to be here. But they are all blah. I’m sure I’ll get excited once the new guy is named.

ISU fan got jaded with Fred. Just look at our coaching tree since Johnny (who was hired in a totally different era). We’re a program that coaches come to to make a name for themselves. Our over-inflated opinion of ourselves is all because of hitting a home run with Fred.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
This won't be popular but it's not a step up. That program is better than ours in nearly every way. Big 12 is an upgrade in competition but the Big East gets more exposure and has some of the best recruiting grounds in the country. They plan in an NBA level arena and are #2 in the country in attendance, this isn't the MVC Creighton anymore. It shouldn't be this way but the last 5 years, they've passed us. They get more fans at games, get cushy time slots thanks to their deal with fox, they out recruit us, win more games and their coach makes more money. I have no clue what would make ISU attractive to a coach that already has those advantages.

As someone who lives a mile from the CHI Health Center, I hate to say that I agree. There's nothing that feels mid-major about Creighton basketball anymore, especially when they're consistently beating (and even blowing out) Villanova.

Reactions: heitclone

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Anyone else intrigued by Minnesota's firing today and how it'll affect Iowa State? Just thinking that we're both P5 schools 3 hours away from one another and are both going to be searching for viable candidates..

have they officially fired him?

since TJ is so desirable, we might want to hurry up before they snatch him ;)

in all seriousness, if Craig Smith was in play, he’s probably not now.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Smith just signed a big extension-big buyout deal. He’s probably not looking to move.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
ISU fan got jaded with Fred. Just look at our coaching tree since Johnny (who was hired in a totally different era). We’re a program that coaches come to to make a name for themselves. Our over-inflated opinion of ourselves is all because of hitting a home run with Fred.

true. And part of our problem is we can’t keep a coach.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Smith just signed a big extension-big buyout deal. He’s probably not looking to move.

probably not. But much like there is a rumor that Altman may move there’s a rumor Smith may as well in spite of the new deal. He’d pick Minnesota over us.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
How about Tod Kowalczyk. He is the head coach of Toledo and has fielded competitive teams wherever he has went. The last head we got from Toledo has been terrific. My Pollard will take another drink from the well. He is from Wisconsin so likely has connections in that state and Ohio.

The Unibomber?

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
As someone who lives a mile from the CHI Health Center, I hate to say that I agree. There's nothing that feels mid-major about Creighton basketball anymore, especially when they're consistently beating (and even blowing out) Villanova.

Agree, they even buy players just like the big boys.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

Not officially I don't think but it's been all over social media and Minny's message boards.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I would rate Minnesota as maybe a little more appealing at the moment as I think there are a few short term bonuses over ISU... somewhat better in-state recruits, shorter rebuild potential, a more fractured conference to potentially make inroads with.

With that said, I would anticipate we'll have a bit different guys we're looking at with not as much crossover as one might think.