Anyone else hearing that JP has already decided Prohm is coming back?

Kurttr

Mar 19, 2006
WTF you weren't kidding. A Fred team that doesn't completely suck at defense?

View attachment 82675

The best he had ever done before was #58th nationally.

If Fred brought the #37 defense along with the #5 offense, then we're winning a lot more (of what was already a lot by our standards) games. I didn't think Fred would have it in him to put together a competent defense.
If this were a new trend, and Fred were all-in and healthy enough, back up the truck... I'm assuming they actually rebound well too to have a rating like that... if so, I'm in. Fred O with some D and rebounding would be awesome. Now, I have no idea of Fred's state of health or real interest/commitment - that's JP's job to assess and some boosters' $ to buy out...

Reactions: cyclonehomer

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
If this were a new trend, and Fred were all-in and healthy enough, back up the truck... I'm assuming they actually rebound well too to have a rating like that... if so, I'm in. Fred O with some D and rebounding would be awesome. Now, I have no idea of Fred's state of health or real interest/commitment - that's JP's job to assess and some boosters' $ to buy out...

Yeah, but their offense still sucks.

What the heck kind of Mayan curse it is for things to be so opposite like this?

Freddy and the Cornstoooopids are #185 nationally on offense.

That is barely ahead of our current tire fire at #205.

Nebraska is basically our trash offense with an average P6 defense.

Nottttttttttttttttt the profile I would have thought you'd ever see with a Hoiball team.

For comparison, our defense is #147.

I will give Prohm credit for finally putting together a team with a better defense than offense.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Will admit just finally checking in here, but is the discussion about TJ from the apparent rumor that he was in Ames this last weekend?
Yeah I don’t think that’s true considering UNLV played @ Wyoming on Saturday..

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Both lutz and Sadler are with him.

No kidding? That's interesting.

It was my understanding at the time that CFH brought in Lutz to kind of show him how to be a head coach - since CFH had never been one before. Just everything from how to assemble a staff, how to prioritize things in practice, etc. Like an MBA but for coaching.

With Doc, that was all about "does anyone know any defensive drills we could use?" What was interesting was how they (presumably mostly Doc) came up a strategy for defense while still allowing them to run and shoot and save their energy for offense, ie Hoiball. That strategy being having one guy be a stopper (Babb initially) to disrupt the other teams best guy, and the rest could play kind of token defense and be ready to go score. Man I miss watching a team with a plan.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Yeah, but their offense still sucks.

What the heck kind of Mayan curse it is for things to be so opposite like this?

Freddy and the Cornstoooopids are #185 nationally on offense.

That is barely ahead of our current tire fire at #205.

Nebraska is basically our trash offense with an average P6 defense.

Nottttttttttttttttt the profile I would have thought you'd ever see with a Hoiball team.

For comparison, our defense is #147.

I will give Prohm credit for finally putting together a team with a better defense than offense.

That's a pretty low bar Sig, from what I can tell from just watching games, it happened by accident. Our always poor D has just been surpassed by the worst offense I have ever seen at ISU.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009

This is the only question for me (other than the buyout dollars). Does CFH REALLY want to succeed or is he just working and making money? If he is still really driven to compete for titles, then, yeah I think he is absolutely the guy and you do everything possible to find the dollars to make it happen.

Now, I've no way to judge that, don't think any of us do. That's up to JP to figure out, IF there is even real interest in the first place.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
IF TJ came in this wkend I really would have my doubts that they would go any where for dinner that they could be spotted. There is just to much speculation flying around for that to happen IMO.

Reactions: Die4Cy