Any Question on who should start now???

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
Barnett isn't flashy and has his flaws but he wins. He's 4-2 in the big 12 with three wins against top 25 opponents. I don't care if he's not passing for 300 yards a game, all I care about is winning and thats what he does. Jantz is the better athlete, with a better arm no doubt but Barnett wins and the team responds to Barnett. Choice is obvious

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
There seems to be something about Jared that brings the team together more..I think its over for Steele.

HBomb

Sep 29, 2012
No question. JB hit the wide open passes when we had them. This was a team win. Including some great adjustments by the coaching staff after last week. What a game by Josh Lenz!

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I said it before, and I'll say it again: Iowa game=Steele Jantz's Super Bowl :jimlad:

Seriously, give the keys to Barnett. He's got flaws, too, but his track record is better. And for anyone saying most of his stats came on two wide open throws to Lenz: Maybe so, but if Jantz had anything remotely resembling accuracy on his deep ball, ISU would have beaten Iowa by at least 3 TD's.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
3-2 against top 25, 4-2 in big 12 and 2 losses were close. Owns only top 5 win in 50 years, only 2 top 25 road wins in last 15 years. And.has done this all while starting only 7 games. I think the only question is why he bailed on Barnett in NY and why we ever went back to SJ. The job is Barnetts

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
3-2 against top 25, 4-2 in big 12 and 2 losses were close. Owns only top 5 win in 50 years, only 2 top 25 road wins in last 15 years. And.has done this all while starting only 7 games. I think the only question is why he bailed on Barnett in NY and why we ever went back to SJ. The job is Barnetts

Didn't they also say this was ISU's first road win over a top 15 team since '77, or something like that?

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
There may not be an answer to our starting QB until Richardson/Rohach square off...

This ^^^^^^^^^^^

The moxt famous IUS fan statment. "Nest Year..." except this time we are hoping the D is as solid without AJ or JK.

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
I said it before, and I'll say it again: Iowa game=Steele Jantz's Super Bowl :jimlad:

Seriously, give the keys to Barnett. He's got flaws, too, but his track record is better. And for anyone saying most of his stats came on two wide open throws to Lenz: Maybe so, but if Jantz had anything remotely resembling accuracy on his deep ball, ISU would have beaten Iowa by at least 3 TD's.

If JB had faced a D that was expecting him to start.... We would have lost big time. Yea we pulled a pearl harbor but JB does not have the chops to cut it in the big 12 when a D Knows what to expect.....

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
If JB had faced a D that was expecting him to start.... We would have lost big time. Yea we pulled a pearl harbor but JB does not have the chops to cut it in the big 12 when a D Knows what to expect.....

He's 4-2 With close road losses to ksu and Oklahoma. And 3 wins over ranked opponents, he has the chops.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I wish most of you guys would just keep your posts to yourselves at a time when we should be celebrating. JB was great today. Enjoy it. And SJ probably isn't done. This is a long season and we may have plenty of need for both of them. Can't you just enjoy it for a few hours without trying to drag down a fantastic win?

This was a depressing thread until a few folks started being objective and letting us enjoy a great win that JB helped make happen.

Reactions: Aclone

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I'm still waiting for Rustshack or whatever his name was/is to come admit JB is a better fit for this offense and team.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Barnett does much better when he's playing in his back yard, in front of his family and friends.
Fixed it for you.

Paul Rhoads said as much in the post game, that playing well against Tech in Lubbock last year was part of the reason Jared started today. Masterful stroke by the coach.

Just in case you missed the Pinstripe Bowl, I'm taking nothing more from this game than that much.

Nice game by Jared.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron