Any haunted places around ames?

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
There is a farm northwest of town that some guy built a park across the road from. Its said that he built it after his daughter died so her spirit could play, it has life size playhouses and stuff, really creepy in the middle of the night.

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
My buddy use to have a really bad house when it came to ghosts. He would get out of his car and all of a sudden a ghost dressed up real nice would sprint at him and right before he would get to him he'd disappear. They use to have a little house off of their own house, and they tore it down and that's where they believe the ghosts came from. Also, his mom would go in the kitchen, close all the cabinets and go out in the living room to come back and all the cabinets open. Doors and cabinets and everything else were opened when she was the only one home and would slam shut at other times.

CyorDie

Jan 3, 2008
Waukee
I have personally been to this memorial on the NW part of Ames. Rumor has it that it was built for his daughter that had died at a young age. It's located on a country road and as you come over a hill you start to see wood signs that say things like, play, rainbow and so on. It's believed they represent words the girl liked when she was alive. I admit it is very creepy, but keep in mind to be respectful because the man who built it watches over it. He came out once with a shotgun when we drove by really slowly and came to a complete stop the first time we saw it. Ever since then, when we went by, we never again stopped. We just drove to the next driveway and turned around to see it again.

exCYtement

Feb 28, 2011
Ames
Soooo I decided to bump this thread, because it's my first day of summer and I'm totally bored, so I was thinking of checking out the "Reactor Woods" over by the ISU Lab in west Ames. Not sure if it's haunted, but I've heard alot of crazy stories about a YMCA cabin in the middle of woods somewhere.

Does anybody know about this area?

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Soooo I decided to bump this thread, because it's my first day of summer and I'm totally bored, so I was thinking of checking out the "Reactor Woods" over by the ISU Lab in west Ames. Not sure if it's haunted, but I've heard alot of crazy stories about a YMCA cabin in the middle of woods somewhere.

Does anybody know about this area?

Don't know about crazy stories but yes there is a cabin there. There is a dirt path between houses to the south of the woods that will take you to it

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Someone told my sister that Peterson's Pit is now haunted by the kid that drown himself by hooking himself to the buoy. She won't go swimming there anymore.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
There is a farm northwest of town that some guy built a park across the road from. Its said that he built it after his daughter died so her spirit could play, it has life size playhouses and stuff, really creepy in the middle of the night.
anyone know a rough address on this place? I'm trying to find it on google earth without luck.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Speaking of the Sun Park, any updates on the guy who owns it? I brought my girlfriend out there to see it VEISHEA weekend, and his house looks in terrible shape. Doesn't look like anyone lives there.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
If you really want a good scare you could go driving around Klamath's neighborhood after next Friday. Sounds like it will be a pretty terrifying place.

kberyldial

Mar 20, 2006
I worked at a bar downtown, That Place, late 80's early 90's. I think it is a museum of some sort now. I'm personally not a believer in this kind of stuff but I saw some things there that unexplainable and unnerving.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
Am I the only person that doesn't believe in anything supernatural at all? You all seem to think there is such a thing as a "haunted place."

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
Am I the only person that doesn't believe in anything supernatural at all? You all seem to think there is such a thing as a "haunted place."

No, I'm with you. I don't believe in the supernatural. Now if we start talking aliens, that's a different story.