Any guesses on Attendance for this weekends game?

Kansas Vs Iowa State Attendance

• less then 40000

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • 40001-50000

Votes: 24 15.4%
  • More then 50000

Votes: 125 80.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Are we talking paid tickets sold, or attendance?

Based on above posts sounds like paid will be 55-60k.

But I'd guess actual butts-in-seats attendance is more like 50k.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
I'll be disappointed if it's not a packed house. Circumstances led to this, but I thought this would be the last sure bet for a packed house. Guess we'll see what happens.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I'll be disappointed if it's not a packed house. Circumstances led to this, but I thought this would be the last sure bet for a packed house. Guess we'll see what happens.

You should be thankful people are showing up in the numbers they already are.

berther48

Jul 10, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
Almost 54,000 is a far cry from 61,500.

Count me as one of the 54,000 loyal fans. I have my season tickets, I'll be at every game, love my CYCLONES.
Not a fair weather fan a loyal fan, I don't need any negative numb nuts telling me how to react when we lose.
It's more fun when we win, disappointing when we lose, but going is my choice.

Go CYCLONES!!!

Last edited:

CyclonesForever

Nov 5, 2011
Ames, IA
Having sunny skies in the 60s will help, especially along with the fact that we're actually expected to win. Many people probably didn't get to see the new stadium in the UNI or Iowa games because they didn't wanna fork out the money for those games. With the Kansas game being a likely win and probably cheap seat, I get attendance will actually be decent. Definitely won't be a sell-out, but respectable I think. Plus it's the Big 12 opener and I don't think we've won one of those in the past like 12 years.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Something I might look at is power 5 teams, and their average attendance as it relates to their winning % the last few years. I bet Iowa State dwarfs those other schools which is honestly pretty cool.

FatNTired

Jun 3, 2015
Having sunny skies in the 60s will help, especially along with the fact that we're actually expected to win. Many people probably didn't get to see the new stadium in the UNI or Iowa games because they didn't wanna fork out the money for those games. With the Kansas game being a likely win and probably cheap seat, I get attendance will actually be decent. Definitely won't be a sell-out, but respectable I think. Plus it's the Big 12 opener and I don't think we've won one of those in the past like 12 years.

You mean $99 for three tickets?

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
Something I might look at is power 5 teams, and their average attendance as it relates to their winning % the last few years. I bet Iowa State dwarfs those other schools which is honestly pretty cool.

It is cool except for the fact that our favorable ratio is skewed by an ungodly low winning percentage. But I agree, ISU's athletic support is second to none.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
I'm guessing KU doesn't even get close to filling their seats which will make the stadium look worse. It will be interesting to see where the empty seats show up. Can we get people off the hillsides and into KU's section or the endzone?

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Count me as one of the 54,000 loyal fans. I have my season tickets, I'll be at every game, love my CYCLONES.
Not a fair weather fan a loyal fan, I don't need any negative numb nuts telling me how to react when we lose.
It's more fun when we win, disappointing when we lose, but going is my choice.

Go CYCLONES!!!

I think I found my long lost brother!!!!! My feelings exactly.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I'm guessing KU doesn't even get close to filling their seats which will make the stadium look worse. It will be interesting to see where the empty seats show up. Can we get people off the hillsides and into KU's section or the endzone?

I'd be down with that. Hillside sucks. this is the first year I didn't get real seats and I'm regretting it already. Although, my checkbook isn't.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
For those there, how full was the Jack today? Looked like lower was pretty full the new SEZ looked somewhat empty in the expensive seats. How were the upper decks?