Another Player Only Meeting...

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Which option gives us a better shot at a Final Four?

(I'd wait until next year, but I can certainly see why he may consider playing this year. )

The 50% Naz that I saw earlier this year isn't worth blowing a whole season for. If he's 90%+ we may have a different story. I personally think it would be a bad idea. The odds of a FF, even with him 100%, are slim.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Here we go again.

Looking back on this season you'll either remember it as a) one hell of an awesome roller coaster ride or b) the biggest train wreck ever.

We get to watch the biggest train wreck ever . . . and it will be in Iowa City . . . even worse than the last one there!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
As frustrating as this team has been at times, they have never "mailed it in" like in a few games last year. They just seem to go away from their game at the end of a few games. This team is "this close" to being great. Hope this meeting takes them there.

Maybe they were planning for Niang to break Ejim's scoring record?

HornacekFan1414

Nov 9, 2014
Frisco, TX
With monte, naz, thomas, burton, and malou I'd hardly call that a transition year
This is what most of you need to realize....Matt, Naz, and the rest of the guys returning and coming in don't think they will have a huge fall off...it's all of the CF crazies here who have already put a fork in them before the actual team is fully identified and next season starts...

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I think next year's success or failure will all be determined by the decision Monte Morris makes.

If he comes back for his senior year, then we will be just fine, and actually will be pretty darn good. He makes everything go. Having someone like him back to run the show again next year would be absolutely HUGE.

If he forgoes his senior year, it's a total crapshoot as to what will happen IMO. Not having that floor general out there running the show will really hurt us, even with Naz and Thomas back.

I think having Morris back could very well be the difference between making the tourney or not next year.

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
Wonder what those negative Clones and trolls have to talk about if we made it to the final four.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I think next year's success or failure will all be determined by the decision Monte Morris makes.

If he comes back for his senior year, then we will be just fine, and actually will be pretty darn good. He makes everything go. Having someone like him back to run the show again next year would be absolutely HUGE.

If he forgoes his senior year, it's a total crapshoot as to what will happen IMO. Not having that floor general out there running the show will really hurt us, even with Naz and Thomas back.

I think having Morris back could very well be the difference between making the tourney or not next year.

Losing Georges and Monte will be tough to overcome. Those two initiate so much of our offense. We will have to make some sizable improvements defensively and in rebounding to counter that loss.

Jackson might be a scoring PG type that Prohm loves, but regardless it will take him time to adjust.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Wonder what those negative Clones and trolls have to talk about if we made it to the final four.

That we weren't mentally tough enough and lacked the depth to win it all and how they knew all along that something wasn't right with this team and that something was missing and it would cost us.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Probably that the great run costs us Monte's senior season. Or maybe that Carter didn't get enough minutes

Spam

May 21, 2008

If making the NCAA Tourney is being described as a train wreck, then a Final Four will be described as a fender bender.

Spam

May 21, 2008
"Could have been 2 in a row if we beat UAB....."
"What if Georges doesn't break his foot?......"
"Aaron Craft......."
"Bad draw in Royce's year."

Auburn Hills year could have been the year.
Could have won it all if it weren't for Wayne Morgan.

There's always something. That's just a quick start.

Help Support Us

Become a patron