And you thought Skype-Gate was bad

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Kid is making fun of the fact that a bunch of grown *** people are hanging on his every word.

He's right about that.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
That D-bad attitude will fit right in at KU. I can already envision him flipping off opposing fans ala Drew Gooden. Or taking a showboat dunk late in a blowout win.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I just love the people on here saying that it's no big deal and the kid was just having fun. But if Vaughn did that to us, they'd be ticked.

If I was a parent, there's no way I let my son do that kind of BS. Be respectful. Be an adult. Be humble. He did none of those things.

At least Harrison Barnes just picked up the hat and didn't do the fake thing. Even so, if I were Harrison's parents and I knew he was going to choose NC over ISU, I would have just done something in private from home or something? Sure, have a few cameras there, but just family. It felt awkward having ISU cheerleaders, etc and everyone in their ISU gear all in attendance at Harrison's event. That's not his fault, but it was kinda unfortunate how it all happened.

Mumbai1986

Mar 9, 2008
Arlington, VA
Illinois kinda got punched in the balls yesterday. Quentin Snider decommited from Illinois and joined Louisville. No. 35 ranked player in 2014, and No.5 ranked PG.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
Read an article in the Chicago Tribune, and he has not signed his letter of intent yet. Says there is a chance he may change his mind. He wants to get a feel for being committed to Kansas. What does that mean?

This guy is really milking the spotlight.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Illinois kinda got punched in the balls yesterday. Quentin Snider decommited from Illinois and joined Louisville. No. 35 ranked player in 2014, and No.5 ranked PG.

We should send a crew of counselors to Champaign to help them deal with being punched in the balls.

CyStalker

Jul 16, 2012
Ankeny
Read an article in the Chicago Tribune, and he has not signed his letter of intent yet. Says there is a chance he may change his mind. He wants to get a feel for being committed to Kansas. What does that mean?

The way to really teach this kid a lesson is to have the top four schools of interest fill his scholarship with another player and then he can get a "feel" for what it's like to be played. That, however, will sadly never happen. It would be funny though if it did. A video of that playing out wouldn't be much different that the videos on this tread.....

CyStalker

Jul 16, 2012
Ankeny

What he's really saying is: I'm still up for bid. I'm currently accepting the money that KU is providing, but I am willing to look at higher offers. Good luck to whoever lands this piece of work. Not someone I would ever want on my squad....what a cancer.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
What he's really saying is: I'm still up for bid. I'm currently accepting the money that KU is providing, but I am willing to look at higher offers. Good luck to whoever lands this piece of work. Not someone I would ever want on my squad....what a cancer.

I'll take one of whatever this guy is drinking

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
I just love the people on here saying that it's no big deal and the kid was just having fun. But if Vaughn did that to us, they'd be ticked.

If I was a parent, there's no way I let my son do that kind of BS. Be respectful. Be an adult. Be humble. He did none of those things.

At least Harrison Barnes just picked up the hat and didn't do the fake thing. Even so, if I were Harrison's parents and I knew he was going to choose NC over ISU, I would have just done something in private from home or something? Sure, have a few cameras there, but just family. It felt awkward having ISU cheerleaders, etc and everyone in their ISU gear all in attendance at Harrison's event. That's not his fault, but it was kinda unfortunate how it all happened.

This is a myth, right? The cheerleaders/band thing? I don't think that actually happened.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
I think the original one on Deadspin is real but ya, that one is definitely fake. Half of them are laughing and smiling.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
This is a myth, right? The cheerleaders/band thing? I don't think that actually happened.

There were a lot of people there in Cyclone gear (the announcement was in Ames, after all). I remember streaming it, but I don't recall if the ISU band and/or cheerleaders were there. As much as we all wanted him to stay, most of the locals had a pretty good idea he wouldn't pick ISU.

3rdGenStater

Oct 7, 2012

I guess I'm way too old-school because I absolutely hate the way kids nowadays announce/sign--too much look-at-ME attitude. Just be a man, call the coaches ahead of time and let them know your decision, and then sign in the privacy of your home. Let your play do the talking.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
I guess I'm way too old-school because I absolutely hate the way kids nowadays announce/sign--too much look-at-ME attitude. Just be a man, call the coaches ahead of time and let them know your decision, and then sign in the privacy of your home. Let your play do the talking.

Having went to high school with several high level athletes that signed w/ major d1 programs (including ISU) the high school and the town wants the kids to make a big deal about it as well. It really is meant to be a celebration for the town and the fans of high school sports getting to see one of their own make it as well as motivation for younger kids. It's not always a look at me kids idea.

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
Having went to high school with several high level athletes that signed w/ major d1 programs (including ISU) the high school and the town wants the kids to make a big deal about it as well. It really is meant to be a celebration for the town and the fans of high school sports getting to see one of their own make it as well as motivation for younger kids. It's not always a look at me kids idea.

This... My mom coached a D1 vb player at a small rural iowa school and it was the same thing. Ironically she went to Illinois.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron