And you thought Skype-Gate was bad

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
Being a jerk at someone else's expense may be fun to some of you, but all I see is someone so full of himself that he has no regard for others. He could have had the hats there and simply picked up the hat from KU without the teaser of almost putting on the Illini hat.

Being disgusted by what he did does not make one "over sensitive". It makes one respectful of others, and empathetic. I find those to be much better qualities than douchebaggery and self-entitlement. Praising these actions leads to the culture of win at all cost, **** on everyone else that is on display at programs like KU, Duke, UK, etc. It then carries through to guys getting paid millions of dollars, and thinking they can do whatever they please no matter who it harms. So go ahead and praise him. Teach him it's good to be an *******.

As for me, I think the kid was a *******...and based on current reaction, will continue to be one as long as no one tells him how much of a ******* he really is.

And I fully expect half of this post, if not all, to be bleeped. I'm not usually like this. I'm just sick of people glorifying jackasses.

No one is glorifying what he is doing. That was an event for Cliff Alexander. It wasn't for Illinois. And he can do whatever he wants, it's HIS decison. Why should he care what a bunch of 45 year old men in Illinois say. People
Don't have to watch his thing. Most kids don't have the opportunity to do anything like this, why not make the most of it?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
No one is glorifying what he is doing. That was an event for Cliff Alexander. It wasn't for Illinois. And he can do whatever he wants, it's HIS decison. Why should he care what a bunch of 45 year old men in Illinois say. People
Don't have to watch his thing. Most kids don't have the opportunity to do anything like this, why not make the most of it?

I respectfully disagree. Your post is just one more post proving my point by saying "why not make the most of it"...which he does by behaving like a jerk.

The posters on here are not glorifying him per se...that comes later when these bozos are making the big bucks. All they are doing right now is convincing him that no one matters but him...he can behave however he wants toward others because he can put a ball through a hoop.

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
Get over it, he can do what he wants, it's his life, his scholarship, and he's the one who's going to get tweeted at by Illinois fans.
Correct, if he wants to act like a turd he can act like a turd. It doesn't change the fact that he's acting like a turd.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Cliff Alexander KU or Illinois

Please delete if this is already posted.

Poor Illinois fans. Hilarious reactions...

[video=youtube;vGkmQWcaRYA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGkmQWcaRYA[/video]

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Re: Cliff Alexander KU or Illinois

And this...

[video=youtube;5qCYErpJTF8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qCYErpJTF8[/video]

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012

And this..

[video=youtube;4dBiicxDymU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dBiicxDymU[/video]

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Being a jerk at someone else's expense may be fun to some of you, but all I see is someone so full of himself that he has no regard for others. He could have had the hats there and simply picked up the hat from KU without the teaser of almost putting on the Illini hat.

Being disgusted by what he did does not make one "over sensitive". It makes one respectful of others, and empathetic. I find those to be much better qualities than douchebaggery and self-entitlement. Praising these actions leads to the culture of win at all cost, **** on everyone else that is on display at programs like KU, Duke, UK, etc. It then carries through to guys getting paid millions of dollars, and thinking they can do whatever they please no matter who it harms. So go ahead and praise him. Teach him it's good to be an *******.

As for me, I think the kid was a *******...and based on current reaction, will continue to be one as long as no one tells him how much of a ******* he really is.

And I fully expect half of this post, if not all, to be bleeped. I'm not usually like this. I'm just sick of people glorifying jackasses.

I'm with you. It's a lack of respect thing and I see no need to rub the Illini coaches and fans noses in it. I really think we've lost the win with dignity and lose with humility thing but I'm a lot closer to being a seasoned citizen than a "student"-athlete for a portion of a year at KU. Whatever sells shoes, hats and jerseys I guess.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids

I laugh at these now, but I know I'd be ****** if Rashad Vaughn did this to us.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL

hahaha I love how all three of those videos are of different groups of people, yet they all react the exact same way.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
What he has done was pretty disrespectful to entire Illini nation if you ask me. Illini and their coaching staff has spent countless hours to recruit this kid, and this is how he treats them in return? Illini nation is better off without him.

I thought Harrison Barnes was bad, this one was worse if you ask me.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
I've never understood. Is the hatred of Barnes on here because of the manner in which he announced he was going to North Carolina, or because he didn't go to Iowa State?