aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
And trivia; who was the ISU tight end that caught a pass in 1981 for a touchdown in an NFL playoff game?

superiorcyclone

Dec 12, 2013
Lazard starting on the #1 offense in the NFL really makes you wonder how at least one team didn't think he was worth at least a 6th or 7th round pick.
Does AL still have the same agent from the draft?
His 40 time sure is not indicitive of his open field speed. He is outrunning some pretty fast dudes on the touchdown. Plus he makes tough contested catches.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
His 40 time sure is not indicitive of his open field speed. He is outrunning some pretty fast dudes on the touchdown. Plus he makes tough contested catches.

40 time doesn't mean **** if you can't catch it or fight for that extra yard, or hold key block in the run game.
Allen has worked his ass off and A-Aron noticed and has rewarded him for it. Allen's toughness is what really sets him apart from a lot of his contemporaries.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Sweet. A winner. So glad his journey ended where it should have and all those loser combine speed stat obsessers who passed him over in draft can go the way Billy Bean did with all his scouts.

His combine speed wasn't even that bad, he was towards the middle and faster than some guys who have less size than him. His time was treated as a positive when he ran it.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
As a Packers fan, it's been great seeing Lazard do well.

I never had an NFL team before and I'm fully on the Packers bandwagon since Lazard started catching passes last year. First time I've ever claimed "a team" well into middle age.

Honestly the 15 years I lived in Chicago surrounded by insane delusional Bears fans had me leaning Packers already just because I liked watching their fantasy smack into reality. Bears fans are more delusional than Nebraska fans. I could probably cheer for the Bears now, only because I'm away from the fans.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO and Peter

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Couple things:
- Lazard's touchdown hit the Over and ya boy made $30.
- Pretty sure "Lizard King" is also Sammy Watkins' nickname.

superiorcyclone

Dec 12, 2013
His combine speed wasn't even that bad, he was towards the middle and faster than some guys who have less size than him. His time was treated as a positive when he ran it.
Oh yeah, he ran like a 4.55 or something. Quick for a guy his size. However, he outran those little D-backs. That was impressive.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

20eyes

May 15, 2020
I never had an NFL team before and I'm fully on the Packers bandwagon since Lazard started catching passes last year. First time I've ever claimed "a team" well into middle age.

Honestly the 15 years I lived in Chicago surrounded by insane delusional Bears fans had me leaning Packers already just because I liked watching their fantasy smack into reality. Bears fans are more delusional than Nebraska fans. I could probably cheer for the Bears now, only because I'm away from the fans.
I'm a life long Bears fans and I'm on the Packwagon for AL. Hope he gets a SB Championship ring and a TD in the game.

Last edited:

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Dan Johnson would be a peer for my time at ISU—and I’m still drawing a blank. Someone refresh my memory, please?

Last edited:

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I'm a life long Bear's fans and I'm on the Packwagon for AL. Hope he gets a SB Championship ring and a TD in the game.

As a Bears fan, it really helps to know that the bears were never a serious threat to the Packers this year, so I'm not caught up in rooting against them. I'm happy to see Lazard do well with GB and Rodgers, and although Lazard has earned what good is coming his way, he found a great fit that will help him sign another contract.

Hopefully Hakeem Butler gets another shot.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron