All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
See BigRich (aka Yeahbuddy) is back. He disliked a post I wrote about in him in Jan of 2018.
I say welcome back but you won't be around long.
He really is a try hard with his user names.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
After he leaves early or graduates and Iowa fans tell us he's irreplaceable
What's astounding to me is that through 7 games, Brock has thrown and completed more passes (for a higher percentage) than all of last year. He's also 65 yards and 2 TD's until he reaches the same numbers as last year. Brock played 10 games last year.

So, for those saying he'll have to do what he did last year before they'll admit how good he is, he's almost surpassed that already and still has 6 games left...

Edit: Purdy truly only played in 9 games last year. His first showing was against Akron where he got a few snaps at the end during garbage time.

Last edited:

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
What's astounding to me is that through 7 games, Brock has thrown and completed more passes (for a higher percentage) than all of last year. He's also 65 yards and 2 TD's until he reaches the same numbers as last year. Brock played 10 games last year.

So, for those saying he'll have to do what he did last year before they'll admit how good he is, he's almost surpassed that already and still has 6 games left...

10 games?

Iowa, Akron, TCU and Oklahoma. 13-4=9?

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Tight End U

I know you are trolling, but obviously it takes a lot more than one TE during one year of play to get that distinction. FWIW Kolar is a hell of a player. Nice to see that ISU finally learned how big of a weapon a TE can be.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I know you are trolling, but obviously it takes a lot more than one TE during one year of play to get that distinction. FWIW Kolar is a hell of a player. Nice to see that ISU finally learned how big of a weapon a TE can be.

In all seriousness we're learning this year nobody in the state is Tight End U

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone and JM4CY

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Miami for sure. Olsen, Graham, Herndon and Njoku. ISU right behind them with Allen and Kolar

I'm fine with that. Iowa has had a very nice run with much less heralded recruits than Miami and being the first school to ever have two first round draft picks in the first year.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'm sure you would.
Kittle is an absolute monster and probably the second best TE in the NFL right now behind Kelce.

On another note, if Kolar has the same back half of the year as the front, he'll have very similar stats compared to Hockenson last year.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
I'm fine with that. Iowa has had a very nice run with much less heralded recruits than Miami and being the first school to ever have two first round draft picks in the first year.
Unfortunately both are currently playing at a level which makes it look like they shouldn't have been taken so high, let alone the first round.

Being honest no troll here, I think Hockenson was taken WAAAYYY to high. I'm not saying he isn't a skilled player, just if you look at the value added of a first round draft TE pick (which rarely happen to begin with), it isn't good and when they 'bust' (which the majority of them unfortunately do) the fans despise the team for such a pick. I just think there was way more athletic players/value added players on the board left at that time. Fant can catch the ball, but I was honestly surprised he still slipped into the first round given he isn't as strong of a blocker for a TE. But blocking can be taught, so maybe that is their plan

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Unfortunately both are currently playing at a level which makes it look like they shouldn't have been taken so high, let alone the first round.

Being honest no troll here, I think Hockenson was taken WAAAYYY to high. I'm not saying he isn't a skilled player, just if you look at the value added of a first round draft TE pick (which rarely happen to begin with), it isn't good and when they 'bust' (which the majority of them unfortunately do) the fans despise the team for such a pick. I just think there was way more athletic players/value added players on the board left at that time. Fant can catch the ball, but I was honestly surprised he still slipped into the first round given he isn't as strong of a blocker for a TE. But blocking can be taught, so maybe that is their plan

Fants really struggled this year

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron