All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I mean when you just win a NY6 bowl and return a top 10 team I say that's big time
This is where these slow hawkeye fans don’t understand that these HS guys don’t go back 20 years like they try to claim that Bruce had his spreadsheet. It’s obvious that someone made that for him. HS players want to see where you are headed, not where you were 10-20 year ago.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
This is where these slow hawkeye fans don’t understand that these HS guys don’t go back 20 years like they try to claim that Bruce had his spreadsheet. It’s obvious that someone made that for him. HS players want to see where you are headed, not where you were 10-20 year ago.
Iowa giving Bruce a spreadsheet that ends in 2019 when it's 2021 is the most Iowa thing ever

• Haha
Reactions: frackincygy

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio
During the Fiesta Bowl Golic Sr said if you're a TE why wouldn't you want to play for Campbell?

Our backup QB as a true freshman was miles ahead of your starter. O line talent continues to increase. RB until we see different you have to assume next man in will thrive. Receiver i like the young talent we saw. Why shouldn't we expect a reload?
This is facts.

• Haha
Reactions: 1776

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
Sorry BC, I don’t like to call you out but you are being redundant with ‘slow Hawkeye fans’.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Took forever to find the first post for this year's "team" but this is pretty spot on. Iowa has/had a better offensive line, better interior d-line, and special teams outside of Nene. We (in genera) had better periphery players (QB, RB, DE, back 7) and your list confirms that. You could make arguments on maybe 3 spots, going either way, but 90% of these team was cemented. If a Hawk or Clone fan made several arguments about theses selections going either way they were likely homers.
Leaving off Young in the Safety spot is just plain wrong and I had have a hard time not putting Schweiger on the OL. He was so solid the whole year

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
I know this winning thing is new for ISU, but if you think 9-3 seasons and CCG appearances is going to become the norm you are in for a rude awakening. Like Iowa and all of college football, if you don't get good QB play your chances of winning the conference are slim to none. And the reality is that you have no idea how your QB play is going to be after Purdy leaves. Even Purdy, the best QB in your programs history, has had bad games. Enjoy this run while you can.
It's sad that Iowa only needs a qb to consistently "compete" for a CCG in the Big 10 when they consistently play in the weakest division in college football while finishing 3rd place more times than not the last 5 years.

Reactions: Cat Stevens

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
And Iowa beat out Alabama for Nixon. These things happen but don't expect it to become the norm.

Do you really think that ISU fans believe they are in for an OU type run of titles until Campbell is gone? If so, you’re being messed with and falling for it. Realistically, after this senior class leaves, I’d be happy with a bowl game. If 6-6/7-5 is the down season and they climb back up from there, that’s not a bad position.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Do you really think that ISU fans believe they are in for an OU type run of titles until Campbell is gone? If so, you’re being messed with and falling for it. Realistically, after this senior class leaves, I’d be happy with a bowl game. If 6-6/7-5 is the down season and they climb back up from there, that’s not a bad position.

Uh, he thinks that because ISU fans are saying it. Unless you are calling @CyTwins a liar.

I think we'll be Regular Season and Postseason Conference championship contenders as long as Campbell is here

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Saying I think we'll contend for both conference championships as long as Campbell is here does not equal turning into Oklahoma lol

What do you think contending for RSCC means then? You aren't doing that with 8 win seasons in a normal year. You need to be 10+ wins in a normal year to be contending for RSCC. So you think ISU wins 10 games a year while CMC is here, that is what you said.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Saying I think we'll contend for both conference championships as long as Campbell is here does not equal turning into Oklahoma lol
The trolls what to twist what you said to better fit their narrative. They have averaged 8 wins and been top ten what 4? times during kirks 20+ years. Yet they try to say a top ten finish is an average year for them. They think they are Nebraska during the 90s but they aren’t even close to that level.

Reactions: frackincygy

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
The trolls what to twist what you said to better fit their narrative. They have averaged 8 wins and been top ten what 4? times during kirks 20+ years. Yet they try to say a top ten finish is an average year for them. They think they are Nebraska during the 90s but they aren’t even close to that level.

LOL, talk about twisting things. Hawk fans don't say top 10 finishes are average for them.

CMC has finished in the top 25 1 time, and will make that 2 times next year. Twins saying ISU is going to be competing for RSCC and Big12 Championships every year under CMC will require a top 10-15 finish every year. That ain't happening, he knows it, you know it, I know it.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
LOL, talk about twisting things. Hawk fans don't say top 10 finishes are average for them.

CMC has finished in the top 25 1 time, and will make that 2 times next year. Twins saying ISU is going to be competing for RSCC and Big12 Championships every year under CMC will require a top 10-15 finish every year. That ain't happening, he knows it, you know it, I know it.
You hawkeyes keep saying this years ISU results were an average year for Iowa. How is a year that ISU finished top ten an average year?

EDIT: also,he said competing which means being in contention so roughly top 3. We have been in contention for the title nearly every year except the first year. You are stretching things.