All FB coaching rumors and speculation

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Again…. I have NEVER said we could land Freeman. I just said that if we did, it would be an upgrade IMO.

CMC not having a good year and saying things like winning the Big 12 was never a goal of his are hurting his chances of landing his dream job right now.

Not saying he won’t end up at ND, but if he had a lot better season this year, he’d probably be #1 on their list.

Gotta push back on this...there is zero chance an athletic director looks differently on Campbell for an out-of-context comment like that, whose meaning was clear to anyone who bothered to listen to the entire thing. No thinking person actually believes Matt Campbell doesn't want to win the league. It's the dumbest controversy I've ever seen.

One tiny silver lining of Campbell going to Notre Dame, however, would be watching Brady Quinn backtrack on his ridiculous, over-the-top criticism of Campbell's comment to stay in good graces with his alma mater.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I wanted ISU to be undefeated and win the NC. Stop with the BS that I wanted differently.

The point I made is that this disappointing 7-5 season with aspirations of CFP is something that Notre Dame would take note of. Campbell was perceived to have the players with the return of so many after the best season in ISU history.

Finish 7-5 when you are preseason #7 gets you fired at ND. That is a red flag that ND will look at.

Which would cause ND to cool on Campbell more: this season, or his smashing performance at the Camping World Bowl?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'm not very old or well connected at Notre Dame.

But the two friends I know that are big ND and ISU fans want a better prospect than CMC. Fickell and Freeman topping that list

It really depends on the AD. I wonder how well Campbell knows him? Or who he has pushing the AD for the job?

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Correct. Would give us a line of defense against the OSU opening.

The defense against CMC going to Ohio State is if Freeman takes a job like Duke and does well...because there would be a ton of pressure to bring Freeman back to Columbus if he has had success as a HC. Now...if he gets the ND job...not sure he could make that jump...although Ohio State could afford to pursuade him to go home. Freeman will be the fan-favorite to be the next OSU coach.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Serious question: what are people's take on this bridge? I know a guy that is SUPER pissed about this "Bridge to Nowhere".
I come in from the west so it would affect me, but overall I think it will be a good thing especially for grass lot people. I also think it will look nice with the stadium. Anything that makes us look like a big boy program i can't complain about.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Which would cause ND to cool on Campbell more: this season, or his smashing performance at the Camping World Bowl?

This season. We were underdogs in Camping World to a very good ND team. We were potential CFP contenders this season with pre-season #7 rating. Plus the season resulted in several disappointing close losses where the team looked unsure in critical situation like the 2 point conversion failure that was a disaster from the beginning. Going under center when you never go under center.

Campbell would be fired at ND with the results we had versus expectations.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
I come in from the east so it would affect me, but overall I think it will be a good thing especially for grass lot people. I also think it will look nice with the stadium. Anything that makes us look like a big boy program i can't complain about.
UNI has a tunnel. Or did while I was a lad. Not sure which costs more.