AJ Green Leaves the Portal - Staying in Draft

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
AJ visiting Duke is good publicity. NIL value no matter where he goes. He fits perfectly at Iowa State. He will be the focal point of the offense. AJ will be a Cyclone.

I have no idea where he will end up but I could see Duke being very attractive to him at this point in his life. I always root against Duke but I would understand the attraction. Also...I would understand if he choose to go to the G League and get a little bit of cash and not have to think about school. I hope he ends up at Iowa State...but if his father wasn't on staff would Iowa State even be in the equation? He already got to experience playing for his father which I am sure he loved...but I don't see that as being the sole determiner in where AJ ends up.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
AJ visiting Duke is good publicity. NIL value no matter where he goes. He fits perfectly at Iowa State. He will be the focal point of the offense. AJ will be a Cyclone.
NIL isn't really a concern for him. It's not about money in his situation. If that were the case, he'd go play in the G League.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
UNI led the Valley in scoring.

You're absolutely right that AJ isn't the defender that Hunter is. No question about it but to think that he won't have a massive impact on improving the offense is off base, IMO. He's a legitimate threat that you have to guard to 28 feet and is able to get his own. Just having him on the floor is going to vastly improve the space that everybody else has to operate.

AJ is 6'4" or something and basically every other guard on the court will be too. Big assumption here, but if AJ does go to ISU, he won't need to be as good of an on ball defender as TH because ISU will be able to switch every screen next year. It's not like AJ is some god awful defender that is single handedly going to bone the defense. Jaden Walker basically won the KSU game last year by punking Nijel Pack. The defense will remain quite good next season.

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
What happened to your sources?! Now you're resorting to Raleigh newspapers for information?
Just passing along an article, man. Calm down.

I hope he does end up in Ames but there hasn't been a lot of news from Cedar Falls since he really hasn't been in town and he and Jake sat down and he informed him that he wasn't coming back.

Reactions: cyfanatic

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
AJ is 6'4" or something and basically every other guard on the court will be too. Big assumption here, but if AJ does go to ISU, he won't need to be as good of an on ball defender as TH because ISU will be able to switch every screen next year. It's not like AJ is some god awful defender that is single handedly going to bone the defense. Jaden Walker basically won the KSU game last year by punking Nijel Pack. The defense will remain quite good next season.
And importantly, we will have a shot blocker in the paint to help cover up any breakdowns.

Help Support Us

Become a patron