AJ Green Leaves the Portal - Staying in Draft

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cjreimer

Apr 25, 2022
Boy this is an all-time bad take on here.

As a parent I cannot imagine wanting to strong-arm your kid into playing for you. If his dream is to play at Duke, I wouldn't want to feel like I was the one who kept him from that. Once basketball is done you're left with being his parent-- why would you want that resentment?

I'd be all for him coming to play for me, but only if it was his decision and his decision alone.
I am a bit taken back by these dads who insist that his son would come with him. The decision must be the sons’ decisions.
Expectations. No one expected Brockington to stay more than 1 year. He was always either going to not fit in and leave or play well and try to cash in at the pro level. But people expected a player who played a ton, fit the system, was considered in all aspects a building block to the future of the program, to not leave for another college for no reason, to my knowledge, other than money. That’s why people aren’t thrilled, and I’m not sure how you don’t understand that.

ISU has been used as a stepping stone for coaches for years, the fact that players are using it now as a stepping stone is annoying and quite frankly super disrespectful to the programs. I know he doesn’t care but about Joe Schmo, but Tyrese gets no respect from me for doing that.
You are right on, for sure!!

Reactions: cyclonehomer

Cjreimer

Apr 25, 2022
Because Gabe was horrific on offense. I'll let you find me comparable players around the country as far as inefficiency and volume go. I couldn't find anyone close in the B12.

He's a great leader and very good defensively. I'm glad he's sticking around and think his leadership and defense are extremely valuable, especially with the loss of Tyrese.

But he was exceptionally bad on offense last year, and hasn't been very good since his freshman year. His highs are high, but his lows are far more common and extremely low. If he's a net neutral on offense next year it will be a big improvement.
Gabe will make positive changes.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
I think he got tired of getting knocked on his ass and no foul called!
I agree Hunter didn't get any help from the officials and that's why I like big pg's like Williams who can play through contact. Hope we start getting to the line more.. I think that was a big problem last season.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Where is it that I didn’t give them credit? Hell during the season when people were losing their minds about how bad the offense was, I was one the people that defended the staff.

Weird you’re so invested when you said you weren’t going to watch anymore. Same with that jeresieb guy.

Quit watching when PROHM was collecting a paycheck……and not coaching. That bad. Hilton Magic is back. So I am back.

• Dumb
Reactions: mynameisjonas

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
I got to about the 5:30 mark of hearing AJG talk in that interview about his workouts and typical draft talk and such and then turned if off. I didn't want to hear what was asked next. Assumed I would read something into it that I didn't want to. I'm so lame...haha

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
I got to about the 5:30 mark of hearing AJG talk in that interview about his workouts and typical draft talk and such and then turned if off. I didn't want to hear what was asked next. Assumed I would read something into it that I didn't want to. I'm so lame...haha
He basically said all options are open, but the goal is make the NBA and nothing less. Doesn’t sound like he has any interest in going overseas right now. I would consider UNI out, it’s us or a two way deal.

Reactions: Cyclonepride